Rosie, pt 2 - Rosie 16.jpg (1/1)

Old February 13th 10, 01:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_4_]

Default Rosie, pt 2 - Rosie 16.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rosie 16.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	41413
Old February 13th 10, 06:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

A-20
ciao
Fabio

"S.B." ha scritto nel messaggio
What type is that? The nearest I can get is B-26, but that
had a round fuselage.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A20 0 4 23-0036a.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	41422
Old February 13th 10, 06:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

A-20
ciao
Fabio

"S.B." ha scritto nel messaggio
What type is that? The nearest I can get is B-26, but that
had a round fuselage.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A20 0 3d.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	41423
Old February 13th 10, 06:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

A-20
ciao
Fabio
"S.B." ha scritto nel messaggio
What type is that? The nearest I can get is B-26, but that
had a round fuselage.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A20 0 a.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	41424
Old February 13th 10, 06:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

A-20
ciao
Fabio

"S.B." ha scritto nel messaggio
What type is that? The nearest I can get is B-26, but that
had a round fuselage.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A20 0 keemof.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	41425
Old February 13th 10, 06:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

1942 A20C Havoc being serviced at Langley Field Virginia United States
ciao
Fabio

"S.B." ha scritto nel messaggio
What type is that? The nearest I can get is B-26, but that
had a round fuselage.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1942 A20C Havoc being serviced at Langley Field Virginia United States Jul.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	41426
Old February 13th 10, 06:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

1940 A20 Havoc
ciao
fabio

"S.B." ha scritto nel messaggio
What type is that? The nearest I can get is B-26, but that
had a round fuselage.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1940 A20 a.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	41427
Old February 15th 10, 06:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:44:27 -0500, S.B. wrote
(in article ):

What type is that? The nearest I can get is B-26, but that
had a round fuselage.

Douglas Boston (RAF name) or Havoc (USAAF name). The girl on the step-stool
on the lower right is doing something inside the section of the nose where
the bow gunpods would be mounted. Single or twin guns, .30, .303, or .50,
depending on service and model. The RAF (and the Free French in RAF service)
used them for very low-level daylight cross-channel raids. Look up in
particular 342 (Lorraine) Squadron, 2 Group, 2nd Tactical Air Force.
http://www.raf.mod.uk/history_old/h342.html has a pic of a Boston III with
the .50 gunpod.

Old February 16th 10, 02:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Milton Lewis

As a ten year-old boy, I remember visiting Lambert Field in St. Louis,
MO and watching a flight of six Bostons on their way to England from San
Diego make a fuel stop in 1940. They were already painted in RAF
markings and were quite impressive to me at my age. That same day, my
father lifted me up and put me in a brand new model 17 Beechcraft his
buddy had just bought. Of course, I fell in love with that plane and
the owner. Lacking four days of being 54 years later, I laid my hands
on that same identical aircraft at the Staggerwing museum in Tullahoma,
Tennessee. Needless to say, it gave me indescribable feelings.
It truly is a small world.

S.B. wrote:
On 15 Feb 2010, hielan' laddie wrote:

S.B. wrote

What type is that?

Douglas Boston (RAF name) or Havoc (USAAF name). The girl on the step-stool
on the lower right is doing something inside the section of the nose where
the bow gunpods would be mounted. Single or twin guns, .30, .303, or .50,
depending on service and model. The RAF (and the Free French in RAF service)
used them for very low-level daylight cross-channel raids. Look up in
particular 342 (Lorraine) Squadron, 2 Group, 2nd Tactical Air Force.
http://www.raf.mod.uk/history_old/h342.html has a pic of a Boston III with
the .50 gunpod.

OK. Thanks.

--
unclemilty
aka Dad; aka Papaw; aka Whiskers; aka Squint; aka Leprechaun

Never is freedom of speech more precious
than when a man hits his thumb with a hammer.

Check out my website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~unclemilty