FAA Goes after Chicago on Meigs

Old September 23rd 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

Default FAA Goes after Chicago on Meigs

"Bob Noel" wrote::

That land (which Chicago effectively stole)

It's always somewhat strange when a white American complains about land
being stolen...

Ok then, I'll complain that the land was stolen. Do you feel better now?

btw - who did your people steal land from?

Each other; repeatedly, over thousands of years. Stealing land--by
genocide, usually--is the engine of human history.

--
Dan

"Almost all the matter that came out of the Big Bang was two specific sorts;
hydrogen, and stupidity."

-Robert Carnegie in talk.origins

Old September 23rd 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

"Stefan" wrote in message
Vaughn Simon wrote:

That land (which Chicago effectively stole)

It's always somewhat strange when a white American complains about land being
stolen...

What makes you believe that I am either? ...and what does that have to do
with the subject of the thread?

Vaughn

Old September 23rd 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Emily writes:

I don't know....$1.6 million isn't anything to the city, and Daley would
do it again in a heartbeat, even knowing he'd be fined.

He knows he has popular support. Most people would be more interested
in a park than in an airport.

Old September 23rd 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stefan

Vaughn Simon schrieb:

That land (which Chicago effectively stole)

It's always somewhat strange when a white American complains about land being
stolen...

What makes you believe that I am either?

Your interest in Meigs and statistics. I might be wrong.

...and what does that have to do
with the subject of the thread?

Nothing. So why did you make the comment then?

Stefan
Old September 23rd 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Larry Dighera posted:

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:08:33 -0500, Emily
wrote in :

Larry Dighera wrote:
At last, justice is done, and the criminals have been fined. But
one wonders why it took the AOPA to get the FAA to enforce the law:

I don't know....$1.6 million isn't anything to the city, and Daley
would do it again in a heartbeat, even knowing he'd be fined.

Right. This fine addresses the civil aspect of the issue, but what of
the criminal acts?

Perhaps the federal fine paves the way for those pilots who were
endangered by Daley's midnight raid to file suits, with a greater
likelihood of winning their cases.

Saaaayyyy... weren't all of us en route to Meigs that Sunday night???
;-)

Neil

Old September 24th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RomeoMike

Stefan wrote:

It's always somewhat strange when a white American complains about land
being stolen...

Stefan

Before "white Americans" arrived and "stole" the land from native
Americans, the latter were often stealing it from each other. If you
live in a country that doesn't have a period in history when it stole
the land of someone else, I'd surely like to know what country that is.
Conquest and sometimes reconquest is part of every civilization's
history. But with regard to Meigs, most Americans don't like dictatorial
decision making, particularly when done in the secretive, sneaky way
that Meigs was closed. Those of us who had the opportunity of using
Meigs miss it, and we don't forget because we don't want more GA
friendly airports suffering the same end.
Old September 24th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
Stefan wrote:

That land (which Chicago effectively stole)

It's always somewhat strange when a white American complains about land
being stolen...

Ok then, I'll complain that the land was stolen. Do you feel better now?

btw - who did your people steal land from?

How do you steal something that is not owned?

Old September 24th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in message

"Stefan" wrote in message
Vaughn Simon wrote:

That land (which Chicago effectively stole)

It's always somewhat strange when a white American complains about land
being stolen...

What makes you believe that I am either? ...and what does that have
to do with the subject of the thread?

"Stefan" is a long-time internet troll/escapee from the funny farm.

Old September 24th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BTIZ

That land (which Chicago effectively stole)

It's always somewhat strange when a white American complains about land
being stolen...

Stefan

Funny.. I remember my history books telling me they traded away a whole
island for some beads and blankets... Manhattan ... that does not sound like
stealing to me

BT