WOW, look at this engine

Old May 30th 05, 05:58 PM

If you're interested in something along these lines, check out the
Rand-Cam engine. I believe the Rand-Cam has actually run.

Neal

www.regtech.com

Old May 31st 05, 12:34 PM
Corky Scott

On Sat, 28 May 2005 15:57:02 GMT, Anthony W
wrote:

No, I'm sure it has more to do with the guy that wrote a environmental
book full of junk science and said he invented the Internet.

Tony

Tony, do you understand what Gore actually did regarding the internet,
or do you just parrot this old myth because it's sounds like such a
great line?

Corky Scott
Old May 31st 05, 01:12 PM
Jerry Springer

wrote:

No, I'm sure it has more to do with the guy that wrote a environmental
book full of junk science and said he invented the Internet.

Tony

Tony, do you understand what Gore actually did regarding the internet,
or do you just parrot this old myth because it's sounds like such a
great line?

Corky Scott

http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue5_10/wiggins/

http://www.sethf.com/gore/

More information than anyone would ever want to know about Al Gore and
the internet.

Jerry
Old May 31st 05, 01:40 PM
Sport Pilot

wrote:

No, I'm sure it has more to do with the guy that wrote a environmental
book full of junk science and said he invented the Internet.

Tony

Tony, do you understand what Gore actually did regarding the internet,
or do you just parrot this old myth because it's sounds like such a
great line?

Corky Scott

http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue5_10/wiggins/

http://www.sethf.com/gore/

More information than anyone would ever want to know about Al Gore and
the internet.

Jerry

Larry Roberts was the inventor of the internet with his INTERface
Message Processor. This is where the name for the internet began.
Though the Military called it officially as the ARPANET, it has been
called the internet since its inception in 1969. What Gore sponsored
was an early version of the Web. Obviously he didn't have a clue as to
what his in this bill as he didn't enven know the proper name.

Old May 31st 05, 02:47 PM
Corky Scott

On 31 May 2005 05:40:01 -0700, "Sport Pilot"
wrote:

Larry Roberts was the inventor of the internet with his INTERface
Message Processor. This is where the name for the internet began.
Though the Military called it officially as the ARPANET, it has been
called the internet since its inception in 1969. What Gore sponsored
was an early version of the Web. Obviously he didn't have a clue as to
what his in this bill as he didn't enven know the proper name.

Thank you for this information "Sport Pilot" but my point wasn't who
literally invented the internet, it was that Gore has been unfairly
characterized as having claimed he had done so. In fact he never said
that, but some people love to hate him so that they continue to throw
out that quote anyway. It played well in the conservative talk shows.

Corky Scott

Old May 31st 05, 03:05 PM
Sport Pilot

wrote:

Larry Roberts was the inventor of the internet with his INTERface
Message Processor. This is where the name for the internet began.
Though the Military called it officially as the ARPANET, it has been
called the internet since its inception in 1969. What Gore sponsored
was an early version of the Web. Obviously he didn't have a clue as to
what his in this bill as he didn't enven know the proper name.

Thank you for this information "Sport Pilot" but my point wasn't who
literally invented the internet, it was that Gore has been unfairly
characterized as having claimed he had done so. In fact he never said
that, but some people love to hate him so that they continue to throw
out that quote anyway. It played well in the conservative talk shows.

Corky Scott

Gore said he "took the inititive to invent the internet". Which means
he claimed he invented the internet. Thing is he was confused about
exactly what he did take initive on. Not only was he dishonest, he was
stupid, he never was able to explain what he was talking about.

Old May 31st 05, 03:11 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

wrote:

Larry Roberts was the inventor of the internet with his INTERface
Message Processor. This is where the name for the internet began.
Though the Military called it officially as the ARPANET, it has been
called the internet since its inception in 1969. What Gore sponsored
was an early version of the Web. Obviously he didn't have a clue as to
what his in this bill as he didn't enven know the proper name.

Thank you for this information "Sport Pilot" but my point wasn't who
literally invented the internet, it was that Gore has been unfairly
characterized as having claimed he had done so. In fact he never said
that, but some people love to hate him so that they continue to throw
out that quote anyway. It played well in the conservative talk shows.

Corky Scott

What Gore said was, "I took the initiative in creating the Internet." and it
played well everywhere from Leno to Rush to The New York Times.

It was a really stupid thing to say.

Old May 31st 05, 03:27 PM
Sport Pilot

Sorry, he said he created the internet, not invented it. So what?

Old May 31st 05, 06:11 PM
Corky Scott

On 31 May 2005 07:05:48 -0700, "Sport Pilot"
wrote:

Gore said he "took the inititive to invent the internet". Which means
he claimed he invented the internet. Thing is he was confused about
exactly what he did take initive on. Not only was he dishonest, he was
stupid, he never was able to explain what he was talking about.

"Snopes.com" explains it best:

Claim: Vice-President Al Gore claimed that he "invented" the
Internet.

Origins: Despite the derisive references that continue even today,
Al Gore did not claim he "invented" the Internet, nor did he say
anything that could reasonably be interpreted that way. The "Al Gore
said he 'invented' the Internet" put-downs were misleading,
out-of-context distortions of something he said during an interview
with Wolf Blitzer on CNN's "Late Edition" program on 9 March 1999.
When asked to describe what distinguished him from his challenger for
the Democratic presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New
Jersey, Gore replied (in part):
During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative
in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a
whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our
country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements
in our educational system.

Clearly, although Gore's phrasing was clumsy (and perhaps
self-serving), he was not claiming that he "invented" the Internet (in
the sense of having designed or implemented it), but that he was
responsible, in an economic and legislative sense, for fostering the
development the I also invented the microphone technology that we now
know as the Internet. To claim that Gore was seriously trying to take
credit for the "invention" of the Internet is, frankly, just silly
political posturing that arose out of a close presidential campaign.
Gore never used the word "invent," and the words "create" and "invent"
have distinctly different meanings — the former is used in the sense
of "to bring about" or "to bring into existence" while the latter is
generally used to signify the first instance of someone's thinking up
or implementing an idea. (To those who say the words "create" and
"invent" mean exactly the same thing, we have to ask why, then, the
media overwhelmingly and consistently cited Gore as having claimed he
"invented" the Internet, even though he never used that word, and
transcripts of what he actually said were readily available.)

If President Eisenhower had said in the mid-1960s that he, while
President, "created" the Interstate Highway System, we would not have
seen dozens and dozens of editorials lampooning him for claiming he
"invented" the concept of highways or implying that he personally went
out and dug ditches across the country to help build the roadway.
Everyone would have understood that Ike meant he was a driving force
behind the legislation that created the highway system, and this was
the very same concept Al Gore was expressing about himself with his
Internet statement.

Again, thanks to Snopes.com for the above comment.

Corky Scott
Old May 31st 05, 07:28 PM
Sport Pilot

The people is obviously bias. I see no diferance in saying "I invented
the internet" and "I took the initiative to create the internet".
Since he was obviously talking about creating a single internet network
or line, as with a highway system, to create and invent is the same
thing. You cannot create something that does not exist if not
invented. You cannot invent without creating something. They are only
differant when talking a smaller scale. You can create a new canopener
that has been made before, but you can only invent it if it had not
been made, but in so doing you will have created one unit. Since the
internet is a new system the words have the same meaning.

The arguement about President Eisenhower is moot because he never said
it. Since Eisenhower actually had a head on his shouders I doubt he
would have made such a gaffe. If so he would have been able to explain
it. Gore didn't seem to have a clue that his legislation was about the
Web, and that the internet had been invented almost two decades before
his legislation.

Proposals for air breathing hypersonic craft. I Robert Clark Military Aviation 2 May 26th 04 06:42 PM
Emergency Procedures RD Piloting 13 April 11th 04 08:25 PM
Autorotation ? R22 for the Experts Eric D Rotorcraft 22 March 5th 04 06:11 AM
Real stats on engine failures? Captain Wubba Piloting 127 December 8th 03 04:09 PM
Corky's engine choice Corky Scott Home Built 39 August 8th 03 04:29 AM