You're Invited to the 4th Annual Rec.Aviation Party(s)!

Old June 29th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default You're Invited to the 4th Annual Rec.Aviation Party(s)!

Jay Honeck wrote:
There are actually TWO party announcements here -- one held in Oshkosh
(KOSH), and one in Iowa City (KIOW). Both parties are free to all
pilots and aviation enthusiasts...so read on!

If exhibitors are also invited, I'd like to pass the KOSH party
directions on to two of my colleagues.

Chris and Dave will be manning the ADS-B booth at the FAA Hangar. Chris
has been involved in supporting ADS-B for several years now and Dave is
a pilot with an instrument rating. Feel free to stop by the booth.

Regards,
Jon

Old June 30th 06, 12:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jack Allison wrote:
wrote:

Chris and Dave will be manning the ADS-B booth at the FAA Hangar. Chris
has been involved in supporting ADS-B for several years now and Dave is
a pilot with an instrument rating. Feel free to stop by the booth.

Regards,
Jon

Hey JayH...this is a whole new question. Exhibitors *and* they work for
the FAA! Then again, I'm sure we'd let just about anyone in given the
6-pack price of admission :-)

Just to be clear
http://www.volpe.dot.gov isn't FAA. They are one of
the sponsors we support, though, albeit with a slighty different price
of admission :P

Seriously though Jon, it would be great to talk to these guys about
ADS-B. I've always thought the FAA does a great job at OSH with all of
the stuff they have on exhibit. I suppose we'd have to keep the user
fee jokes to a minimum, eh? :-)

Have at it! Dave may have a few in his arsenal as well

I'll pass the info along and Thanks for the rreply, Jack!

Best Regards,
Jon

Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane
Arrow N2104T

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old June 30th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In a previous article, Jack Allison said:
the stuff they have on exhibit. I suppose we'd have to keep the user
fee jokes to a minimum, eh? :-)

How about the "How are you going to like working for LockMart" jokes?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Things which do you no good in aviation: Altitude above you.
Old June 30th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Ok, how about menu considerations? So far we're planning grilled chicken
breast, brats, potato salad, chips... any other ideas or requests? Nothing
too extravagant or complicated, think picnic buffet.

Mmmmmm...brats.

One thing to consider...brats=fire. Lots of fire. Keep chicken
breasts on different grill?

Otherwise, sounds AWESOME!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 30th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

Fire? nah... boil 'em in beer, butter, onions, garlic, and salt on the
side burner, then grill them lightly on the grill. Grill should be big
enough to keep them separate though.

How was the bike trip?

Jim

oups.com...

Old June 30th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

How was the bike trip?

Ourstanding...and grueling. I am BEAT!

Bec and I just rode 3 1/2 hours back in this dad-gummed heat, to meet
Peter at the hotel... (He had already delayed his trip a day, just so
he could get to see Mary and me, so I didn't think I should disappoint
him...)

As of 5:53 PM, CDT, no joy. Dunno what's happened to him. All I know
is he's coming in VFR from New York...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 1st 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

He had a post show up at 3:00pm, Friday afternoon.

Unless he was refueling somewhere, that's one fast Bonanza.

Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)

Old July 1st 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A18912A5D
Great Circle Mapper - 4 hours.

I gave him an (E/W) 199 mph ground speed. G

Montblack

("Montblack")

Old July 1st 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I'll be bringing the Laotiane Tequila. Who's gonna eat the worm? g

http://i5.tinypic.com/16a8vnn.jpg

Not me!

:-)
--