A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

DG-200 inspection procedure for 3000 hour increase of service time.Anyone have on of these?

Old August 19th 19, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.
external usenet poster

Default DG-200 inspection procedure for 3000 hour increase of service time.Anyone have on of these?

I am doing a increase of service time inspection for 3000 hours on my DG-200.

I just sent of the following e-mail to DG Service but am wondering if anyone would have a recent copy of the inspection document?
I realize the document DG will send me will be specific to my serial number. I'd just like to get started on this and get an idea of the requirements.

Sent e-mail to DG Group below:
Hello DG Group representatives!

I just purchased DG-200 serial number 2-69.
I purchased the glider 2 months ago. The United States registration number is N200UY.

The glider has 2800 hours and I want to complete the 3000 hour life extension inspection as required per section 1.4.2 of the maintenance manual. Inspection procedure for increase of service time. I am using the December 2009 release of the service manual.

I would like a copy of the inspection document for my glider so I can be compliant with the requirements

I am a brand new DG owner and do not have a service contract.

Can the inspection document be e-mailed to me, instead of having to wait for regular mail please?
Old August 20th 19, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default DG-200 inspection procedure for 3000 hour increase of servicetime. Anyone have on of these?

On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 1:46:02 PM UTC-4, Mike N. wrote:
I am doing a increase of service time inspection for 3000 hours on my DG-200.

I just sent of the following e-mail to DG Service but am wondering if anyone would have a recent copy of the inspection document?
I realize the document DG will send me will be specific to my serial number. I'd just like to get started on this and get an idea of the requirements.

Sent e-mail to DG Group below:
Hello DG Group representatives!

I just purchased DG-200 serial number 2-69.
I purchased the glider 2 months ago. The United States registration number is N200UY.

The glider has 2800 hours and I want to complete the 3000 hour life extension inspection as required per section 1.4.2 of the maintenance manual. Inspection procedure for increase of service time. I am using the December 2009 release of the service manual.

I would like a copy of the inspection document for my glider so I can be compliant with the requirements

I am a brand new DG owner and do not have a service contract.

Can the inspection document be e-mailed to me, instead of having to wait for regular mail please?

I don't know if DG does it the same(I suspect they do), but Schleicher, upon request, provides a life extension inspection document that is serial number specific. Upon completion of the inspection, the inspection report is sent to them, and they approve extension of life to the next interval.
You may want to check with DG as to their process.
Good luck
UH
Old August 20th 19, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec
external usenet poster

Default DG-200 inspection procedure for 3000 hour increase of servicetime. Anyone have on of these?

DG won’t do anything if you have no contract. *******s.
Old August 21st 19, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 5:26:02 PM UTC-4, Charlie Quebec wrote:

And they don't do much when you do.
Old August 21st 19, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.
external usenet poster

I am working on getting the document from DG as noted in my original post.

Anyone maybe have a copy of the requirements?
I am just trying to find out what to expect.

Thanks
Old August 21st 19, 06:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, 21 August 2019 03:10:54 UTC+3, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 5:26:02 PM UTC-4, Charlie Quebec wrote:

And they don't do much when you do.

I have had my questions answered, drawings send as pdf, spare parts shipped immediately etc. I have DG-made glider so I do not need the contract, anyway service from factory has always been first-rate.
Old August 23rd 19, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.
external usenet poster

Thanks for all the help.
I got the information I needed with help from above as well as Paul at Cumulus and direct email with DG support.