Beechcraft sold

Old December 21st 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Beechcraft sold

"Jim Macklin" writes:

Local radio announced today, Raytheon selling Beechcraft
Goldman-Sachs/ONEX group for about 3 billion dollars.

Probably the beginning of the end.

Old December 21st 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jim Burns writes:

Yep, and doesn't "private equity fund" sound like a hedge fund??

Whenever a company buys another company for pure purposes of financial
gain, the company acquired usually suffers and often disappears. This
is probably very bad news for Beechcraft.

Old December 21st 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Robert M. Gary writes:

Yep, too bad they're still building 40 year old airplanes.

They may not be for much longer with buyers like Onex.

Old December 21st 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Gig 601XL Builder writes:

If Beechcraft want to compete they are going to have to come out with an
aircraft to compete with the Cirrus on the low end and the Eclipse on the
high end. The best way to do this is to buy someone already in or close to
being in the market. The Beechcraft name is worth a lot think if they bought
Columbia and put their name on it.

The objective is probably to dismantle and liquidate the company.

Old December 21st 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Mxsmanic wrote:

The objective is probably to dismantle and liquidate the company.

You're an idiot. Why would someone spend all that money to liquidate
the company? They've already spent many, many times what the company
assets are worth buying it.
Old December 22nd 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message
If Beechcraft want to compete they are going to have to come out with an
aircraft to compete with the Cirrus on the low end and the Eclipse on the
high end. The best way to do this is to buy someone already in or close to
being in the market. The Beechcraft name is worth a lot think if they
bought Columbia and put their name on it.

I wouldn't bet on Eclipse EVER being built. Be prepared for their bankruptcy
soon. Just a personal hunch.

Karl
"Curator" N185KG

Old December 22nd 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
If Beechcraft want to compete they are going to have to come out with an
aircraft to compete with the Cirrus on the low end and the Eclipse on the
high end. The best way to do this is to buy someone already in or close to
being in the market. The Beechcraft name is worth a lot think if they bought
Columbia and put their name on it.

Buying another company is usually a wise decision when you are already
so far behind. I've long come to the conclusion that most everyone who
invests in GA is not doing it for money. It just almost never makes any
business sense. I look at all the times Mooney has been sold. Someone
bought them. Yes, they make a fabulous product but what information do
they have that would suggest it would ever be profitable.

-Robert, MBA, CFII

Old December 22nd 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

" Yep, too bad they're still building 40 year old airplanes.

-Robert

Let's see.................name a NEW airplane you can fill all the tanks,
all 10 seats, 50 pounds of baggage for each PAX, and then go 5 hours at 310
Kts.

Karl
"Curator" N185KG

Old December 22nd 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Newps wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:

The objective is probably to dismantle and liquidate the company.

You're an idiot. Why would someone spend all that money to liquidate
the company? They've already spent many, many times what the company
assets are worth buying it.

I don't know that to be true, is it? How many times earnings did it
sell for? Does anyone know earnings? Perhaps they were bought for the
dividend value of parts.

The whole thing is sad. The fact that Piper beat Beech to announce a
jet tells you something. With the King Air line up, it would have been
a shoe in to get attention by offering a jet. I tend to agree with
others that its likely too late at this point. Probably just another
example of a company that found a winning formula 30 years ago and
never had the courage to change with the times. We see it all the time,
companies run into the ground because they are afraid of change.

-Robert

Old December 22nd 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...

Newps wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:

[...]

They had a rather bad exsperience with the Starship.

Peter