general-purpose stencil font

Old June 5th 04, 08:47 PM
Erik Peter Meijer

Default general-purpose stencil font

Could someone help me with the general-purpose stencil font that is used by
the US military as stenciling on aircraft?

Erik Peter Meijer

--
"I'd like to die in my sleep like my grandfather...........
not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

Old June 5th 04, 09:29 PM
Ron

"Erik Peter Meijer" wrote in message
Could someone help me with the general-purpose stencil font that is used

by
the US military as stenciling on aircraft?

Gonna turn your private B-747 into Air Force One?

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

Old June 5th 04, 11:16 PM
Ted Taylor

Erik, you should be aware that USAF letters have 45 degree corners while
Navy have 60 degree corners, all the fonts are available on the web
somewhere not sure where though even the "stencils" are available

--
Ted (happy modeller) Taylor
http://www.modelwork.freeserve.co.uk

This message has been swept for viruses by Norton AV

Old June 5th 04, 11:20 PM
Rufus

Ted Taylor wrote:
Erik, you should be aware that USAF letters have 45 degree corners while
Navy have 60 degree corners, all the fonts are available on the web
somewhere not sure where though even the "stencils" are available

Isn't the USAF font called something like "Alamo"?

I thought I had a link to a free site offering it, but I can't find it.

--
- Rufus

Old June 5th 04, 11:37 PM
Flying Frog

http://www.masterstech-home.com/The_...rilloUSAF.html

--
Chris

Walkarounds & Scale modelling Portal :

[English] http://www.ffsmc.com/English

[Français] http://www.ffsmc.com

Old June 6th 04, 05:18 AM
Rufus

Ted Taylor wrote:
No, it is Amarillo definitely

Yeah - that's it. I thought it was "Am-somthing".

--
- Rufus

Old June 6th 04, 12:30 PM
José Herculano

Guys, you're mixing two different types of animal he lettering and
stencil.

Lettering is used on things like USAF tail codes, NAVY / MARINES titles.
Stencil is used on things like access panels covers, weapons instructions.

For lettering the USAF and USN fonts are Amarillo and Long Beach.

For plain stencil I use a font called USAAF_STENCIL which is general enough
for US military use.

_____________
José Herculano

Old June 6th 04, 01:13 PM
Flying Frog

José Herculano a exposé le 06/06/2004 :
Guys, you're mixing two different types of animal he lettering and
stencil.

Lettering is used on things like USAF tail codes, NAVY / MARINES titles.
Stencil is used on things like access panels covers, weapons instructions.

For lettering the USAF and USN fonts are Amarillo and Long Beach.

For plain stencil I use a font called USAAF_STENCIL which is general enough
for US military use.

José Herculano

Ok Jose, thanks for the information. Is the font called USAAF_STENCIL
available for free somewere please ?