DeLorme InReach Satellite Tracker FOR SALE

Old July 7th 13, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default DeLorme InReach Satellite Tracker FOR SALE

Eric,

That is very good to know. The SE is what I am planning to upgrade too...

Sean
Old July 7th 13, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Saturday, July 6, 2013 4:20:21 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:

My inReach SE tracking rate can be set directly on the device - no PC

needed.

Settings Tracking Moving interval

That's on the ground - haven't tried changing the rate in the air, but

have no reason to think it can't be changed in the air.

email me)

- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm

http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

Eric,

Same with the original InReach (without the LCD screen, but with the replaceable AA batteries :c). Tracking interval is selectable when the InReach is Bluetooth paired with a smartphone running the free EarthMate app.

bumper
Old July 8th 13, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Bumper, GREAT catch. With Delorme we can change the tracking interval in the air or easily at any time via the mobile app. I will have to check that out. I have been running 2 min updates for fun flying and 1 min for contests, changing it on my mac. Now I can have even more flexibility.

That would really help save data usage for all of us.

The differences between Delorme InReach and "Sput" continue to reveal themselves.

Sean

Old July 31st 13, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Tom Bjork have been using the latest InReach on our soaring safari (about to start the third episode Saturday).

We're happy with it and find it much more useful than SPOT, which we used religiously up until this year.

One thing you need to know about the texting capability of the latest version: it takes more concentration than you would want to give it if you were flying at the same time. With two of us in the cockpit, one can fly while the other texts. We have used this capability several times to have our crew keep up with us. We're sold on the InReach.

Oh, and if you'd like to follow our peregrinations on Facebook, you can find us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/281533501982424/

We're off to Utah and Idaho this week.

Fred
Old August 3rd 13, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kurt Thams

Does the SSA have plans to show InReach tracks on their tracking page? (do they already?)
Old August 4th 13, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Kurt: Yes, it works the same as spot except better. When you mouse over a Spot track point, you get pilot name, time and coordinates. For an Inreach device, you get all that plus altitude. And, as already noted, Inreach gets through more reliably so the tracker plot is more consistent and the sampling rate can be set to shorter intervals. Five minute or shorter intervals provides a much better plot than 10 minute Spot intervals.
Old August 5th 13, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

In reach shows altitude AND airspeed, heading in one minute intervals!
Old August 5th 13, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Monday, August 5, 2013 7:53:06 AM UTC-5, Sean F (F2) wrote:
In reach shows altitude AND airspeed, heading in one minute intervals!

Minor correction. It shows groundspeed, not airspeed. Sean, do you know if what it shows is average from the last point, or average of some short time interval (maybe, last 10 seconds) before the report? But I agree completely. MUCH more information than from SPOT and much more useful.

Steve L
Old August 6th 13, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Hi Steve. I do not. But in watching it and replaying my flights for fun I think it is a fairly instant ground speed (thx), not sure of the time used to calculate this. Basically you can see 40-50 in thermals and 70-90 on the run usually, +/- 15 knots for wind.

DeLorme inReach SE units now in stock Paul Remde Soaring 1 July 4th 13 01:05 AM
Delorme InReach reporting elevation or altitude ?? [email protected] Soaring 6 March 3rd 13 04:57 PM
DeLorme inReach Paul Remde Soaring 8 February 12th 13 07:26 PM
Any user reports on Delorme Inreach? Steve Koerner Soaring 8 March 16th 12 06:51 PM
More on Delorme InReach Satellite Tracker Frank Paynter[_2_] Soaring 12 October 8th 11 05:50 AM