Shipping a glider to Europe

Old November 20th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sam Giltner

Default Shipping a glider to Europe

Can anyone please educate me on what customs, VAT,
etc. would apply when shipping a glider to Europe?
Thanks, Sam.

Old November 20th 07, 10:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
al.spi

On 20 Nov., 01:37, Sam Giltner
wrote:
Can anyone please educate me on what customs, VAT,
etc. would apply when shipping a glider to Europe?
Thanks, Sam.

Sam,
in which country of Europa do you want to ship?
Did you sell it to Europa or do you just want to fly it in Europa for
a certain time? How long?
There are different ways to do this, so pleae provide some more
information.
Old November 20th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Roberts

Hi,

I'm also very interested in any info regarding Customs,
VAT and duty payable regarding aircraft shipped to
the UK.

Regards,

Luke

Old November 21st 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Schumann

Are we in danger of Europeans coming to the US with their Euros and bargain
hunting for gliders in the US? With the depressed state of the US Dollar,
this could be a big threat to our domestic fleet.

Mike Schumann

Old November 21st 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Roberts

Excuse me, but we still use the good old British Pound...!!

:-)

Superb varios by the way.

Luke

Old November 22nd 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Mike Schumann wrote:

Are we in danger of Europeans coming to the US with their Euros and bargain
hunting for gliders in the US? With the depressed state of the US Dollar,
this could be a big threat to our domestic fleet.

Don't worry, nobody in Europe is up to taking away your Schweizers.
Old November 22nd 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Nov 20, 8:46 pm, "Mike Schumann" mike-nos...@traditions-
nospam.com wrote:
Are we in danger of Europeans coming to the US with their Euros and bargain
hunting for gliders in the US? With the depressed state of the US Dollar,
this could be a big threat to our domestic fleet.

Mike Schumann

Been happening again for at least a year. I delivered a Ventus bT to
the Houston port last February, bound for the Netherlands.

Watch out for those Canadians, too; ^)

Frank Whiteley

Old November 22nd 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stuart kinnear

nimbusgb wrote:
On 21 Nov, 23:58, Luke Roberts
wrote:
Excuse me, but we still use the good old British Pound...!!

:-)

Superb varios by the way.

Luke

At 02:48 21 November 2007, Mike Schumann wrote:

Are we in danger of Europeans coming to the US with
their Euros and bargain
hunting for gliders in the US? With the depressed
state of the US Dollar,
this could be a big threat to our domestic fleet.
Mike Schumann
'Sam Giltner' wrote in message
Can anyone please educate me on what customs, VAT,
etc. would apply when shipping a glider to Europe?
Thanks, Sam.

Beat me to it

They are on the slide as well.
Stuart

shipping glider to NZ-advice on securing glider in trailer November Bravo Soaring 6 November 1st 06 02:05 PM
Aircraft shipping from Europe ADK Home Built 11 May 2nd 06 03:50 PM
Aircraft shipping from Europe [email protected] Soaring 6 May 2nd 06 08:46 AM
Europe to NA shipping ADK Soaring 0 April 29th 06 12:29 AM
Info on Shipping Glider OUT of USA Ray Lovinggood Soaring 16 November 18th 05 01:57 AM