The Apology

Old October 23rd 20, 04:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Linda Chism

Default The Apology

Hello, the ladies’ letters to the SSA were comments about a clumsy ad.
Your reactions to them in this thread say a lot about each of you.

Could each of you who belittled these ladies please post which club/site you are affiliated with so that I can, like, avoid ever soaring/towing there and not have to deal with you.

If you’re going to be a dumb****, be proud. Bring it.

Cheers, Linda
Old October 23rd 20, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 8:58:54 PM UTC-7, Linda Chism wrote:
Hello, the ladies’ letters to the SSA were comments about a clumsy ad.
Your reactions to them in this thread say a lot about each of you.

Could each of you who belittled these ladies please post which club/site you are affiliated with so that I can, like, avoid ever soaring/towing there and not have to deal with you.

If you’re going to be a dumb****, be proud. Bring it.

Cheers, Linda

Oh, now the nuclear bomb - thanks A LOT, Linda.
Old October 23rd 20, 11:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rakel

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 12:01:47 AM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
.... not have to deal with you.

If you’re going to be a dumb****, be proud. Bring it.

Cheers, Linda

This thread has gone too far. Can we all just get back to flying gliders, please.

Can this thread be locked, somehow?

Old October 23rd 20, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 11:58:54 PM UTC-4, Linda Chism wrote:
Hello, the ladies’ letters to the SSA were comments about a clumsy ad.
Your reactions to them in this thread say a lot about each of you.

Could each of you who belittled these ladies please post which club/site you are affiliated with so that I can, like, avoid ever soaring/towing there and not have to deal with you.

If you’re going to be a dumb****, be proud. Bring it.

Cheers, Linda

Certainly people are entitled to contrasting points of view, I for one enjoy reading others viewpoints with the hope of learning how others express their views on the same topic. In some instances people agree and others disagree, but in most cases the differences are enlightening and constructive.
I find it difficult to accept that the complaints to the SSA, SSF, and Editor could have resulted in anything different. Your reference to the depiction as clumsy is certainly an opinion that you are entitled to, but don't chastise others for a different point of view. Reverting to the old boycott theory of punishment will further taint others opinions, it reminds me of my younger days playing baseball in the playground when little Johnny would take his ball and go home if things did not go his way.
So Linda here is my offer, please come to Vero Beach for a well needed vacation, you can stay here at the house, enjoy our hospitality, including great meals, good wine and rum, a nice clean bed and plenty of space for relaxing and enjoying you stay. As a bonus I will let you fly my sailplane off my strip and I personally will give you a great tow. Bob Youngblood
Old October 23rd 20, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Ballou[_2_]

On Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 11:58:54 PM UTC-4, Linda Chism wrote:
Hello, the ladies’ letters to the SSA were comments about a clumsy ad.
Your reactions to them in this thread say a lot about each of you.

Could each of you who belittled these ladies please post which club/site you are affiliated with so that I can, like, avoid ever soaring/towing there and not have to deal with you.

If you’re going to be a dumb****, be proud. Bring it.

Cheers, Linda

Men are tired of this nonsense, threatening to stay away sounds too good to be true.
Old October 23rd 20, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
xcnick

I am a man who is not tired of women. Get on course and bring it ladies! Never see enough female xc pilots. God bless the women instructors and tow pilots, but what a thrill it was to hear Kathy on the radio ripping the Whites and scoring speed points for her club. It would be great if all women could be subservient and get my slippers and a beer, but soaring gals have a long history of being just a bit different so I will take you all as you come. Here is Emmi von Roretz, Hanna Reich, and Joan Price. I think the middle one was a bit pushy, the word Nazi comes to mind.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DT7SCmnxeGMcYiMo7

Old October 23rd 20, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I think Shakespeare said it nicely with the title of one of his plays:Â*
"Much Ado About Nothing".

--
Dan, 5J
Old October 23rd 20, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
B BRIONES

It's "Boys versus Girls" all over again or "Boys will always be Boys"...who wins?
Political correctness has castrated the American men

Old October 23rd 20, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Wow, a lot of emotions got stirred up here.

Let me see if I can understand how this ad could have been interpreted by the women who complained.

The background poster looks like something from the 50's, the glorious time for men, when women were second class citizens.

The questions being asked by the women "What? No engine? But how?" imply that she's just another dumb blonde, who cannot possibly understand the technical intricacies of motorless flight. Contrast that with the male pilot, whose head gear alone tells us all we need to know about his piloting skills and expertise in flight mechanics.

The caption "Beginning brilliant new love story - Swept Off Her Feet" could imply that there's no point in trying to explain all these intricacies to a women because that would distract her from her main purpose which she can only find in the bedroom and in the kitchen.

With this in mind, I fully agree with Chip and I totally understand and support Linda.

Cheers,
Doug

Apology Bob Gardner Piloting 2 January 4th 05 06:51 PM
Apology Curtis Soaring 0 October 20th 04 03:44 PM
Apology Curtis Rotorcraft 0 October 20th 04 03:43 PM
Apology Curtis Restoration 0 October 20th 04 03:42 PM
Apology Curtis Products 0 October 20th 04 03:30 PM