Jet Cruzer 500

Old April 27th 04, 01:40 PM
Greg Copeland

Default Jet Cruzer 500

Has anyone heard of this thing?

All my information is 3rd hand, so I'm sure I either misunderstood some
portion of it, or some of it has been "lost in the translation." Just the
same, I assume that some may be interested in the rumor mill. The guy
behind this plane is a friend of my father. My father took the pictures
(available at alt.binaries.pictures.aviation - see Jet Cruzer 500, 4
picture series). I'm told that the plane has passed FAA certification and
is ready for production. I'm also told that a new, lighter, composite
wing is also being built right now (for another model??). While I admit I
do not know the exact details, here's more or less, what I've been told.
Supposedly, the plane was originally designed by Mooney and has near Lear
performance. I'm also told it has a pressurized cabin for 8 and is a
turboprop, which is rather obvious from the pictures. Rumor has it, the
owner is looking for investors to make ready for a production plant, but
I'm rather vague on such details. Accordingly, I've heard the plan is to
get it into production sometime next year or two. The target price is
supposed to be something like $850,000+. I'm told the version with the
composite wing may be higher, but I really have no idea where that will
all shake out. I have no idea what the avionics will look like.

At any rate, rumors aside, the plane is certainly an eye catcher. Anyone
know more details on this thing? What about on the original Mooney ties?
Details?

Thanks

Old April 27th 04, 02:05 PM
Dave Butler

IIRC the Jetcruzer was developed by AASI, which later bought and is the current
owner of Mooney Aircraft... all from memory. I stand ready to be corrected.
Dave
Remove SHIRT to reply directly.

--
Dave Butler, software engineer 919-392-4367

Old April 27th 04, 02:37 PM
Greg Copeland

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:05:06 -0400, Dave Butler wrote:

IIRC the Jetcruzer was developed by AASI, which later bought and is the current
owner of Mooney Aircraft... all from memory. I stand ready to be corrected.

From what I understand, the rights have been puchased.

Old April 27th 04, 05:34 PM
Mike Rapoport

Not quite Learjet performance, it is supposed to go 300kts. Hard to believe
that it will cost $850k if it has a PT6 engine.

Mike
MU-2

news

Old April 27th 04, 08:54 PM
Greg Copeland

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:34:57 +0000, Mike Rapoport wrote:

Not quite Learjet performance, it is supposed to go 300kts. Hard to believe
that it will cost $850k if it has a PT6 engine.

Mike
MU-2

Thanks. Out of curiosity, I'll have to try to get more details on the
current version. As is, it certanly does seem to imply that something has
dramatically been, "lost in translation."

Thanks.
Old April 27th 04, 09:38 PM
Bob Knot

"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:05:06 -0400, Dave Butler wrote:

From what I understand, the rights have been puchased.

You are right. Mooney put the project, any and all pieces parts up for
auction. Winning bid was $125,000.

From what I gathered at Sun-N-Fun, Innova aircraft is now in possesion.
Along with their Innova 341, a single engine turboprop Cessna 340.

Cheers,
Bob

Old April 27th 04, 10:10 PM
Dave Butler

Bob Knot wrote:
"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:05:06 -0400, Dave Butler wrote:

From what I understand, the rights have been puchased.

I never wrote the words you have attributed to me.

Old April 27th 04, 11:10 PM
Bob Knot

"Dave Butler" wrote in message

I never wrote the words you have attributed to me.

Dave
Remove SHIRT to reply directly.

Sorry about that. Guilty as charge. Improper snipping.

Cheers,
Bob

---

Old April 28th 04, 02:45 AM
Greg Copeland

You are right. Mooney put the project, any and all pieces parts up for
auction. Winning bid was $125,000.

From what I gathered at Sun-N-Fun, Innova aircraft is now in possesion.
Along with their Innova 341, a single engine turboprop Cessna 340.

Not that I'm questioning you, but I can't help but be impressed. How did
you happen to come across such information? The tidbits that I'd consider
to be obscure seem to on the tip of the tongue here. I thought surely
this plane would be fairly obscure...yet you seemed to know the latest
ownership details. Impressive.

Thanks.