C172 Air vents

Old June 30th 04, 08:57 PM
Matt Young

Default C172 Air vents

Our club owns a 1978 172. The little tabs that hold the pilots side air
vent in the tube have come out and been lost, so when you get up to
speed, it just pops out (makes the right seat nice adn cool this time of
year, but will be a problem in winter). Any ideas on easy fixes or
finding the replacement part without spending a good bit of money?

Old June 30th 04, 09:52 PM
Dude

There are after market tubes that work better. I don't know the name, but I
rented a plane with them, and it was more quiet, and cooler.

Hopefully someone will have the name.

k.net...

Old June 30th 04, 09:58 PM
Javier Henderson

"Dude" writes:

There are after market tubes that work better. I don't know the name, but I
rented a plane with them, and it was more quiet, and cooler.

Hopefully someone will have the name.

Your choice of Ventubes ($70 or so for the pair) or the ultrabichin'
ones from Sporty's at nearly $400 for the pair.

Both are STC'd for Skyhawks.

-jav
Old June 30th 04, 10:37 PM
Rosspilot

the ultrabichin'
ones from Sporty's at nearly $400 for the pair.

These are the ones I put in my 'Hawk during the first year I had it. They are
extremely high quality, fully articulating, and very sleek. Every once in a
while, I have to tell whomever is in the right seat to please adjust it so the
stream of air doesn't activate their microphone. That's SO annoying :-)

www.Rosspilot.com

Old July 1st 04, 03:40 PM
Jeff P

I used "Vent Tubes."

Check out www.ventube.com. Easy to install and work fine.

Also available from Aircraft Spruce and others.

Jeff
Old July 1st 04, 07:10 PM
Greg Copeland

wrote:

Our club owns a 1978 172. The little tabs that hold the pilots side air
vent in the tube have come out and been lost, so when you get up to
speed, it just pops out (makes the right seat nice adn cool this time of
year, but will be a problem in winter). Any ideas on easy fixes or
finding the replacement part without spending a good bit of money?

Duct tape.

Is the STC on that strictly for the duct tape and vent combination or is
it for the tape on anything?

Cheers!

Greg

Old July 2nd 04, 02:52 AM
Dan Truesdell

What did you do with the OAT?

--
Remove "2PLANES" to reply.

Old July 2nd 04, 12:53 PM
Jeff P

Dan Truesdell wrote in message ...
What did you do with the OAT?

You just drill a hole in the center of the right tube and screw it in.
Fits and works just like the factory vent can.

New Overhead Vents for Early Archer Bob Chilcoat Owning 3 March 2nd 04 12:50 PM
Front louvers for Cherokee/Archer overhead vents? Bob Chilcoat Owning 10 February 3rd 04 10:19 PM
C210 fuel tank vents Eric Brown Owning 2 September 27th 03 02:59 AM
wanted C172 Hankal Owning 0 September 23rd 03 01:23 AM
C172 / 5th Passenger stan Owning 1 August 3rd 03 10:46 PM