Anybody tape entire "A plane is born" series?

Old April 18th 04, 09:03 AM
Bart D. Hull

Default Anybody tape entire "A plane is born" series?

I tried to tape the entire series when they held the
marathon weekend but it rained here and there is a bunch
of spots the satellite reception cut out.

I'd love a complete copy.

Thanks
--
Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.
Old April 19th 04, 03:34 PM
ET

"Bart D. Hull" wrote in news:40823643$0$99217
:

I tried to tape the entire series when they held the
marathon weekend but it rained here and there is a bunch
of spots the satellite reception cut out.

I'd love a complete copy.

Thanks

It is near the beginiing of it's run now, I think the next one up on Disc
wings is ep 4. Don't forget "from the ground up" which is building an RV8,
you may still be able to catch ep 3 on that one.

--
ET

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something
fools."---- Douglas Adams
Old April 19th 04, 07:32 PM
Rob Turk

"Bart D. Hull" wrote in message
I tried to tape the entire series when they held the
marathon weekend but it rained here and there is a bunch
of spots the satellite reception cut out.

I'd love a complete copy.

Thanks
--

I started taping it when I realised the series shows a waaaay too rosy
picture. There's good elements in it, but the serie suggests building a

Just wait a year or two. Second-hand kits about 20% constructed will be
available cheap.

Rob

Old April 20th 04, 01:32 AM
John Galban

"Rob Turk" wrote in message l.nl...

I started taping it when I realised the series shows a waaaay too rosy
picture. There's good elements in it, but the serie suggests building a
plane is easy and takes only a minor amount of effort. Obviously this will
encourage many people to jump in and find out that it's a lot more work than
expected.

I have to agree with that one. I helped my buddy on an RV-6 and
we're currently working on an RV-10. After watching a few episodes of
the RV-8 series at my GF's house (I don't get Wings), I thought they
were doing a disservice to potential builders by making it look so
easy. Though, I suppose if they showed hours of repetitive rivetting,
the show would probably never be aired at all.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)
Old April 20th 04, 01:38 AM
Jerry Springer

John Galban wrote:
"Rob Turk" wrote in message l.nl...

I started taping it when I realised the series shows a waaaay too rosy
picture. There's good elements in it, but the serie suggests building a
plane is easy and takes only a minor amount of effort. Obviously this will
encourage many people to jump in and find out that it's a lot more work than
expected.

I have to agree with that one. I helped my buddy on an RV-6 and
we're currently working on an RV-10. After watching a few episodes of
the RV-8 series at my GF's house (I don't get Wings), I thought they
were doing a disservice to potential builders by making it look so
easy. Though, I suppose if they showed hours of repetitive rivetting,
the show would probably never be aired at all.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Bulding my RV-6 was easy.

Old April 20th 04, 06:26 AM
Richard Lamb

Remember his first "design and build a plane in 30 days" show?

That project flopped big time, but the show still got ratings.

That's the show I'd like to make.
But without the big failure part.
Design and build an airplane in 30 days.

I could do it with a parasol.
It would be fun...

Anybody have a spare film crew?

Richard
Old April 20th 04, 10:38 PM
Lou Parker

Richard Lamb wrote in message ...
Remember his first "design and build a plane in 30 days" show?

That project flopped big time, but the show still got ratings.

That's the show I'd like to make.
But without the big failure part.
Design and build an airplane in 30 days.

I could do it with a parasol.
It would be fun...

Anybody have a spare film crew?

Richard