Your Most Interesting Helicopter Adventure

Old August 20th 04, 05:23 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

Default Your Most Interesting Helicopter Adventure

Do you have an interesting adventure story involving a helicopter that
you would like to share with the group.
Old August 20th 04, 10:06 PM
TROLL WARNING

This is an Automated Troll Alert System (ATAS) message.

The user who has just posted here under the false identity
of [Shiver Me Timbers ] is a known troll in numerous newsgroups.

Comments by trolls, in general, are carefuly crafted to
insult, belittle and ridicule with the express intent to
start flame wars. It is best to ignore posts from trolls
regardless of how tempting it may be to set them straight.
Let this automated post be the final word to let everyone
know that what the troll wrote was not factual.

Trolls that use false identities are already known to be
liars given that their identity is a lie. Nothing a liar
says or writes should be taken seriously.

Other recent identities used by this particular troll a

Speaking of Netiquette
Shiver Me Timbers
TO THE GROUP

Old August 21st 04, 05:39 AM
Shiver Me Timbers

TROLL WARNING wrote:

This is an Automated Troll Alert System (ATAS) message.

Folks this is getting funnier by the day.

Earlier today someone commented about the idea of posting
interesting helicopter adventures.

I thought it was a good idea for a subject so I posted the question as a
new thread for the groups participation.

And Dennis the weasel replies with this comment.

Let this automated post be the final word to let everyone
know that what the troll wrote was not factual.

According to the weasel..... The following statement that I made
is a lie.

Do you have an interesting adventure story involving a helicopter that
you would like to share with the group.

Now for those of you who havn't been following the saga of the weasel
this past week ( and frankly who hasn't ), Dennis ( the weasel ) has
been beside himself because I post in various newsgroup under differnet
nicks, or names....... but my static IP addy is always the same.

And yet right here he is bitching about me while at the same time using
and anonymous return e-mail addy himself....

Like there's nobody with intelligence in this group who can quickly
check the headers of any post from Dennis the weasel

and compare it with
and see that they are from the
same person.

Isn't that what they call POT KETTLE BLACK.

Dennis..... Last week you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Be a man and grow up...... Stop slinking on the ground like a weasel.
Old August 21st 04, 06:09 AM
Shiver Me Timbers

Okay folks..... I'll go first.

Many years ago when I owned a camera store in a northern community, the
local paper had approached the mall I was in with the idea of doing a
ping pong ball drop from a helicopter as part of the mall's anniversary
celebrations.

A buddy of mine who worked for this newspaper had come up with the idea
and found a source of cheap ping pong balls, and his wife had agreed to
dye these balls in various colours. The different colours represented
various rates of discounts in the mall stores.

I can remember going over to visit them one nite and there she was
sitting on her living room floor with a couple of those old
washerwomen's galvanized tubs full of dye and ping pong balls.

There were balls everywhere.

Now her real reward for doing all this work, was that on the appointed
day she got to ride in the helicopter, and she got to drop the balls.

About ten thousand of them.

On the appointed day me and my bud went up on the roof of this mall and
enjoyed coffee and donuts as we watched thousands of people show up for
this event and mill about the parking lot.

It was quite the sight and it got better when the helicopter showed up
and began a slow circular movement about a hundred feet above the
crowd.

You can imagine what happened when my friend's wife started dropping
thousands of ping pong balls out of the helicopter a garbage bag full
at a time and the downwash from the rotor hurled them to the ground.

They bounced everywhere, from one end of the lot to the other, with a
mass of humanity like a school of fish running after them.

Now one of those balls was marked in a special way and represented a
fifty percent discount at any store in the mall.

It was good on any item in any store and conceivable was worth a lot of
money.

A lady found the ball and took it into the large department store that
anchored this mall and bought a pair of panty hose for a couple of
dollars and presented the ball for her discount.

The manager was called and he explained that she could use the ball or
give it to some relative, friend or whatever, and the ball could be
used to get fifty percent off of any large ticket item in the store.

She said nope.

She was going to a party that nite and wanted her legs to look good so
she needed a new pair of pantyhose and insisted in cashing in the ball
on a three dollar purchase.

Amazing.... Eh.