When Airline Pilots WON'T speak ENGLISH!!!

Old October 19th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flydive

Default When Airline Pilots WON'T speak ENGLISH!!!

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Flydive wrote in :

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Flydive wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Ever heard of German corner? Rhine assumes the entie planet knows
where it
is.
just for instance.

Bertie
True, but if you ask they tell you how find it, radial and distance
from
KRH, a bit easier than a landmark. ;-)

So will anyone in the US...

Bertie

True again, but is easier to give a radial/distance from a VOR than
describe a Landmark

Not so easy to find if you are flying sans radio, though.

Bertie

If you fly sans radio you do not need English, and is only used for IFR
flying (as a short cut given by ATC), usually done with radio in Europe.
Old October 19th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Flydive wrote in :

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Flydive wrote in news:48fb83f1$1_7

@news.bluewin.ch:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Flydive wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
[...]

Yep.

All far from the original point though, which seemd to be drifting
towards the US controllers being lazy or slopp or something.

i could tell you tales about Germany.....

Or just about anywhere, for that matter.

Bertie
Old October 19th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Flydive wrote in :

Flydive wrote:
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Flydive wrote in news:48fb8284$1_7

@news.bluewin.ch:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Ever heard of German corner? Rhine assumes the entie planet

knows
where it
is. just for instance.

Bertie
True, but if you ask they tell you how find it, radial and distance
from KRH, a bit easier than a landmark. ;-)

So will anyone in the US...

Bertie

True again, but is easier to give a radial/distance from a VOR than
describe a Landmark

And then German corner is just used aa a short cut, not a reporting
point, if you don't know where it is they can clear you to KRH

Yes, i know.

But if you really want to get into a ****ing contest about german
controllers....

there was this guy in Frankfurt who cleared me to take off when we were
still on the taxiway, almost a half a mile from the end of the runway.
We accepted, and then did our checks. We lined up, and just to be sure,
asked him once again if we were cleared for takeoff... He freaked on us
and started this minute long tirade about how he had cleared us and how
we had wasted time now asking again.

Wonder if he had any relations doing ATC in Tenerife.

Bertie

Bertie

Old October 19th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

Somewhere I got the strange idea that the international language in
aviation is English (however she's mispoken) and the Regs agree with
me.
We've had a lot of foreign airline students here and so long as they
speak slowly enough you get a general idea of what and where they are.

One gentleman, when ATC requested his position, replied that he was
sitting....

Old October 19th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flydive

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Flydive wrote in :

Yes, i know.

But if you really want to get into a ****ing contest about german
controllers....

there was this guy in Frankfurt who cleared me to take off when we were
still on the taxiway, almost a half a mile from the end of the runway.
We accepted, and then did our checks. We lined up, and just to be sure,
asked him once again if we were cleared for takeoff... He freaked on us
and started this minute long tirade about how he had cleared us and how
we had wasted time now asking again.

Wonder if he had any relations doing ATC in Tenerife.

Bertie

Bertie

Hey, no ****ing contest for me, I couldn't care less about Germans or
otherwise controllers, well exept when they give me hard time ;-)
The one you had in EDDF was pretty bad one, as, likely not too often,
you can find all over the world
Old October 19th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
Flydive wrote in :

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
[...]

Still not as bad as the Swiss controller who had 3 aircraft and managed to
run 2 of them together.

Old October 19th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flydive

Mike wrote:

Yes, i know.

But if you really want to get into a ****ing contest about german
controllers....

there was this guy in Frankfurt who cleared me to take off when we were
still on the taxiway, almost a half a mile from the end of the runway.
We accepted, and then did our checks. We lined up, and just to be sure,
asked him once again if we were cleared for takeoff... He freaked on us
and started this minute long tirade about how he had cleared us and how
we had wasted time now asking again.

Still not as bad as the Swiss controller who had 3 aircraft and managed
to run 2 of them together.

Well actually he was Danish, even if he worked for the Swiss ATC, and he
paid dearly for his mistake.
Old October 19th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Flydive wrote in :

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Flydive wrote in news:48fb84ab$1_7

@news.bluewin.ch:

[...]

Yeh, assholes everywhere, but this one was a cut above.

Bertie

Old October 19th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

hello writes:

It's comments like this that make airline captains not even want to share
some insight.

Those comments come from a minority of highly vocal posters with enormous
chips on their shoulders, and are not representative of the membership in the
newsgroup in general.