Delicious land out spot in Arkansas

Old July 14th 09, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Spam

Default Delicious land out spot in Arkansas

We are making this a turnpoint from our gliderclub in Arkansas. Only
46 nautical miles to the north of our club lies an old military
airport that does not have a control tower. Easy to get in, they do
have an FBO.

The best part???

An old Southwest Airlines 737 turned into a restaurant right on the
field. Roll your glider to a stop just feet away from where you eat.
Check it out.....

http://www.fly-low.com/feat1205/pinnarg.html

Old July 14th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

We've got a turnpoint like that on our Pennsylvania/New Jersey
Governor's Cup circuit. Ours is at Blairstown, NJ (1N7) - and while
the food isn't to be found inside an old airplane fuselage, the apple
pie ala mode is worth landing out for! (experience speaking here
grin)

-John

Old July 14th 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
pigro[_4_]

A bit outside my glidepath, even from a wave flight, but definitely
the ultimate in chic and glam!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Rhodesia. JPG
Old July 14th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

One of our regular turnpoints, "Triple W Airport", located about 17
(or is it 19?) statute miles away from home field now has a brewery.

http://www.aviatorbrew.com/shop/start

Unofficial club rule is: Aero retrieves from Triple W are no longer
allowed...

(But then does "8 hours from bottle to throttle" apply if the aircraft
doesn't have a throttle?)

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
Old July 14th 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surfer!

In message
, Spam
writes
snip

An old Southwest Airlines 737 turned into a restaurant right on the
field. Roll your glider to a stop just feet away from where you eat.
Check it out.....

http://www.fly-low.com/feat1205/pinnarg.html

Do they serve airline 'food'?

--
Surfer!
Email to: ramwater at uk2 dot net
Old July 14th 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Goddard

Ray,

8 hours?!!? I thought the rule was "8 _inches_ from bottle to
throttle."

Zero One

:

Old July 15th 09, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

On Jul 14, 2:31*pm, "Larry Goddard" wrote:
Ray,

8 hours?!!? * I thought the rule was "8 _inches_ from bottle to
throttle."

Zero One

C'mon, guys, read the rules: It's no smoking within 12 hours and no
drinking within 50 ft (or 15 meters, for you metric guys...).

Of course, I've always wondered, "within 50 ft" of what, exactly?

66
Old July 15th 09, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Berry[_2_]

In article
,
rlovinggood wrote:

One of our regular turnpoints, "Triple W Airport", located about 17
(or is it 19?) statute miles away from home field now has a brewery.

http://www.aviatorbrew.com/shop/start

Unofficial club rule is: Aero retrieves from Triple W are no longer
allowed...

(But then does "8 hours from bottle to throttle" apply if the aircraft
doesn't have a throttle?)

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Hooley Mooley Ray! Always make that the last turnpoint in the task and
the whole field would land out every day!
Old July 15th 09, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Beckman[_2_]

At 13:19 14 July 2009, Spam wrote:

An old Southwest Airlines 737 turned into a restaurant right on the
field. Roll your glider to a stop just feet away from where you eat.
Check it out.....

Here's a little clip from the associated article:

The seating is excellent and has all the comforts
and atmosphere of a plane.

Uh-huh. So this is for folks who have really enjoyed the atmosphere and
spacious accommodations while enjoying a meal on an airline flight? Cute
idea, but I think I'll go with the regular ground level dining room.

Jim Beckman