Who is Dr. Jai Maharaj? And why is he here?

Old November 29th 04, 06:37 AM
tony roberts

Default Who is Dr. Jai Maharaj? And why is he here?

How did you people find your way into rec.aviation.piloting?
We ALL rush to misc.writing screenplays and alt callahans anyway to hang
on your every word,
So to read them again here is just sensory overload.
We therefore request that you to drop the crosspost to us - thereby
leaving us free to look forward to, and savour each and every word of
every post to misc.writing.screenplays.

Thank you so much - we appreciate it.

Tony
--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

Anyone know why Dr. Maharaj posts more than anyone else on this and most of
the other boards?

Old November 29th 04, 03:04 PM
Ken Brod

From: "Peter Duniho"
Newsgroups:
misc.writing.screenplays,alt.callahans,alt.tv.rea l-world,alt.tv.sopranos,alt.writing,misc.writing.sc reenplays,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Who is Dr. Jai Maharaj? And why is he here?
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:32:50 -0800

Please don't cross-post so liberally. This thread has nothing to do with
rec.aviation.piloting. If the person in question does post "more than
anyone else on this [sic] and most of the other boards [sic]", it's only
because he or someone else put so many damn newsgroups on the "Newsgroups:"
field.

Nor is it okay for you to cross-post so liberally. Please don't cross-post

k.

Old November 29th 04, 03:11 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Ken Brod wrote:

Nor is it okay for you to cross-post so liberally. Please don't cross-post

The only way to reach the original poster and his ilk is to cross-post exactly
like the original poster did.

George Patterson
My mother is 82 and she still doesn't need glasses.
Drinks right out of the bottle.
Old November 29th 04, 03:28 PM
Ken Brod

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Ken Brod wrote:

Nor is it okay for you to cross-post so liberally. Please don't
cross-post

The only way to reach the original poster and his ilk is to cross-post
exactly
like the original poster did.

George Patterson
My mother is 82 and she still doesn't need glasses.
Drinks right out of the bottle.

No, that's not true. Another way is post a single message in each group.
Yes, it's a pain in the ass, but two wrongs don't make a right. My post is a
good case in point: your response went to exactly one group--this one.

And the person to whom I responded did *not* post exactly like the
cross-posting original poster; he cross-posted to every other group *but*
this one. He obviously thinks it's okay to clutter up other groups with his
garbage, but not his own.

k.

Old November 29th 04, 03:55 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Ken Brod wrote:

And the person to whom I responded did *not* post exactly like the
cross-posting original poster; he cross-posted to every other group *but*
this one. He obviously thinks it's okay to clutter up other groups with his
garbage, but not his own.

Peter cross-posted to all the other groups and not to this one because he
knows that the original poster does not frequent this one and would not see
the message if it appeared here. Peter, on the other hand, does not frequent
the others, so he doesn't know where the other poster is. It is also highly
desireable that other posters in those groups see this complaint.

And there's no difference to a reader whether a message is cross-posted or
individually posted to several groups. In fact, some browsers will mark a
message as read in all newgroups once someone reads it in one if it's
cross-posted, so cross-posting is preferable for this type of post.

Peter behaved exactly as he should have.

Old November 29th 04, 03:58 PM
Ken Brod

Ken Brod wrote:

And the person to whom I responded did *not* post exactly like the
cross-posting original poster; he cross-posted to every other group *but*
this one. He obviously thinks it's okay to clutter up other groups with
his
garbage, but not his own.

Peter cross-posted to all the other groups and not to this one because he
knows that the original poster does not frequent this one and would not
see
the message if it appeared here. Peter, on the other hand, does not
frequent
the others, so he doesn't know where the other poster is. It is also
highly
desireable that other posters in those groups see this complaint.

Peter cross-posted having no idea whether his message was relevant to the
groups to which he posted. That's wrong. In fact, that's the same criticism
Peter had for the original poster.

The conversation you and I are having right now is of no relevance to any
other group. That's I am not involving any other group.

And there's no difference to a reader whether a message is cross-posted or
individually posted to several groups. In fact, some browsers will mark a
message as read in all newgroups once someone reads it in one if it's
cross-posted, so cross-posting is preferable for this type of post.

There's a big difference: When people reply to a cross-post, they generally
repeat the sin of the original post. Again, my posts here are a good case in
point: We are not bothering any other groups with this exchange. Nor should
we.

Peter behaved exactly as he should have.

Again, no. Cross-posting material not relevant to a group is wrong. Period.
And that some knuckle-head (the original poster, not Peter) started it all
does not transform an irrelevant post into a relevant one. I.e., just
because the original idiot encroached on my group does not make it okay for
Peter to do the same.

k.

Old November 29th 04, 04:22 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Ken Brod wrote:

Again, no. Cross-posting material not relevant to a group is wrong. Period.

I would agree with that. Where we disagree is this. I feel that Peter's post was
relevant to all of the groups to which it was posted. It was a plea to not
cross-post to this group.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.
Old November 30th 04, 02:32 AM
Walter Bushell

In article ,
"N9NWO" wrote:

"Herbert Becker" wrote in message
: Anyone know why Dr. Maharaj posts more than anyone else on this and most
of
: the other boards?

He is an anti gun idiot who got chased off of Talk.Politics.Guns.

The guy is so political that he needs to be examined by the courts for
mental illness.

He is the reason for soc.culture.hawaiian he caused so much (off topic)
noise on the alt group, so they wouldn't have to listen.

--
Guns don't kill people; automobiles kill people.