Washington DC airspace closing for good?

Old August 4th 05, 06:38 PM
George Patterson

Please post this link so it works properly . . . I cannot get to this
page.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z4E465E8B

George Patterson
Old August 4th 05, 08:28 PM
Darrel Toepfer

George Patterson wrote:
wrote:

Please post this link so it works properly . . . I cannot get to this
page.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z4E465E8B

Other news source he
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#190314

Interesting how they want the VFR pilots filing flight plans to enter
the NDA/ADIZ causing more paperwork for the agency facing a $4B deficit
by 2010...
Old August 4th 05, 08:44 PM
PPT33R

This is clearly NOT an FAA decision, rather the Interagency Airspace
Working Group. In other words, the Secret Squirrels, Capitol Police
(responsible for the last "Godzilla Alert" - run and scream from that
terrifying Cessna 150), and DoD.

DoD already got the approval for direct shoot-down authority without
having to coordinate with DHS last month.

FAA is not in control of this thing, they are just following orders.

Old August 4th 05, 09:26 PM
George Patterson

Darrel Toepfer wrote:

Interesting how they want the VFR pilots filing flight plans to enter
the NDA/ADIZ causing more paperwork for the agency facing a $4B deficit
by 2010...

The actual proposal contains quite a few instances of language that indicates
that the FAA doesn't really want to do this. For example, they point out that
the current ADIZ is costing various airports millions of dollars a year and that
this proposal will dramatically increase that, in addition to costing the FAA
over 11 million a year. On the other hand, what's 11 or 12 million dollars to an
agency 4 billion in the hole.

George Patterson
Old August 4th 05, 09:33 PM
Darrel Toepfer

George Patterson wrote:

On the other hand, what's 11 or 12 million dollars to an agency
4 billion in the hole.

Well eventually it adds up to real money...
Old August 4th 05, 09:48 PM
Happy Dog

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
The FAA proposal to change the DC ADIZ into Restricted airspace with a
ceiling of 18,000' is likely an effort to further de-clutter it.

Crap.

Oh, no thank you.

C'mon. Do you really believe that this is being considered to reduce
clutter?

http://www.aopa.org/

Join if you already haven't.

While I've been an AOPA member for decades, I completely fail to
understand how that relates to your outburst.

Membership dues pay for the fight against this sort of crap. Glad you're on
board!

moo

Old August 4th 05, 11:10 PM
Terry Briggs

Not to sound obtuse, but when has the AOPA ever won one of these battles
with the FAA?

And I don't mean the local battles, but a biggie like this one?

Terry

. ..

Old August 4th 05, 11:43 PM
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 16:48:10 -0400, "Happy Dog"
wrote in ::

Do you really believe that this is being considered to reduce
clutter?

I'm talking about radar screen clutter. Yes. I see no other rational
reason for the DC ADIZ.

Why do you think it was implemented?

Old August 4th 05, 11:57 PM
Jose

Why do you think [the DC ADIZ] was implemented?

To "do something".

Jose
--
Quantum Mechanics is like this: God =does= play dice with the universe,
except there's no God, and there's no dice. And maybe there's no universe.