PDA

View Full Version : OT Nut loose in my engine! - Video

September 24th 09, 04:21 AM
Nut loose in my engine! - Video

I think I lost a nut somewhere as my engine is making a strange sound
on take off and landing. I have amplified the sound track in this
video to see if anybody can identify that sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVetZGvAs0I

Comments most appreciated on finding where that nut went! :-))

tscottme
September 24th 09, 09:44 AM
> wrote in message
> Nut loose in my engine! - Video
>
> I think I lost a nut somewhere as my engine is making a strange sound
> on take off and landing. I have amplified the sound track in this
> video to see if anybody can identify that sound.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVetZGvAs0I
>
> Comments most appreciated on finding where that nut went! :-))

I listened to your video and was unable to hear the problem. I used to be
an A&P with several O-320s in my care. Maybe some more details will help me
undertand the problem. Do you mean a nut is inside of the engine or a nut
is inside the engine cowl where the engine is located. If it's the latter,
the nut is likely already on the ground somewhere or rattling around on the
fiberglass floor.

--

Scott

BeechSundowner
September 24th 09, 02:24 PM
On Sep 24, 3:44*am, "tscottme" > wrote:

> I listened to your video and was unable to hear the problem. *I used to be
> an A&P with several O-320s in my care. *Maybe some more details will help me
> undertand the problem. *Do you mean a nut is inside of the engine or a nut
> is inside the engine cowl where the engine is located. *If it's the latter,
> the nut is likely already on the ground somewhere or rattling around on the
> fiberglass floor.

I think Scott it's a loose nut behind the yoke.

Toward the end of the video, you should note the sounds of thrust
reversers kicking in LOL

tscottme
September 24th 09, 08:48 PM
"BeechSundowner" > wrote in message
On Sep 24, 3:44 am, "tscottme" > wrote:

> I listened to your video and was unable to hear the problem. I used to be
> an A&P with several O-320s in my care. Maybe some more details will help
> me
> undertand the problem. Do you mean a nut is inside of the engine or a nut
> is inside the engine cowl where the engine is located. If it's the latter,
> the nut is likely already on the ground somewhere or rattling around on
> the
> fiberglass floor.

I think Scott it's a loose nut behind the yoke.

Toward the end of the video, you should note the sounds of thrust
reversers kicking in LOL

D'Oh ! :-)

--

Scott

Liberals are America's Death Panel.

"A liberal is a person who sees a fourteen-year-old girl performing live sex
acts onstage and wonders if she's being paid the minimum wage."
-- Irving Kristol

shywon
September 25th 09, 03:36 AM
I think it's a 1982 Westinghouse refrigerator with the ice-maker
clogged.

Google