PDA

View Full Version : US military air to air training

John Doe
September 7th 04, 10:15 PM
Has there been a good discussion of current US aviation military air to air
training.

In ref to this year's big exercise with India where the press is reporting
that the USAF's best F-15Cs got their butt whipped by India's Su-27.
--
The US Air Force got a "wake-up call" in air-to-air training exercises with
India earlier this year that showed the United States can no longer take air

--

Specifics are said to be classified, which means it didn't go over too well.

Has the US gotten spoiled during the past few conflicts and been lulled into
thinking that there will never be another air war? Looks like it will take
another Vietnam to wake everyone up and discover that air to air dogfighting
is an extremely perishable skill. A skill that you cannot just revive on
demand.

Ed Rasimus
September 8th 04, 12:05 AM
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:15:42 GMT, "John Doe" > wrote:

>Has there been a good discussion of current US aviation military air to air
>training.
>
>In ref to this year's big exercise with India where the press is reporting
>that the USAF's best F-15Cs got their butt whipped by India's Su-27.
>--
>The US Air Force got a "wake-up call" in air-to-air training exercises with
>India earlier this year that showed the United States can no longer take air
>superiority for granted in a conflict, a top US general said Wednesday.
>A study of the "Cope India" air exercise, conducted by the US and Indian air
>forces in Gwalior, India last February, is secret, said General Hal
>Hornburg, head of the air force's Air Combat Command.

You are about eight months late for the discussion.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
"Phantom Flights, Bangkok Nights"
Both from Smithsonian Books
***www.thunderchief.org

John Keeney
September 8th 04, 07:21 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Has there been a good discussion of current US aviation military air to
air
> training.
>
> In ref to this year's big exercise with India where the press is reporting
> that the USAF's best F-15Cs got their butt whipped by India's Su-27.
> --
> The US Air Force got a "wake-up call" in air-to-air training exercises
with
> India earlier this year that showed the United States can no longer take
air
> superiority for granted in a conflict, a top US general said Wednesday.
> A study of the "Cope India" air exercise, conducted by the US and Indian
air
> forces in Gwalior, India last February, is secret, said General Hal
> Hornburg, head of the air force's Air Combat Command.
>

> --
>
> Specifics are said to be classified, which means it didn't go over too
well.

> Has the US gotten spoiled during the past few conflicts and been lulled
into
> thinking that there will never be another air war? Looks like it will
take
> another Vietnam to wake everyone up and discover that air to air
dogfighting
> is an extremely perishable skill. A skill that you cannot just revive on
> demand.

Didn't I read this very same message many months ago?
Did it get lost in the web and spit back out again?

Cub Driver
September 8th 04, 10:27 AM
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:15:42 GMT, "John Doe" > wrote:

>Has there been a good discussion of current US aviation military air to air
>training.

There hasn't been a good discussion on this newsgroup since it got
hijacked by the anti-Bushies (the same people who complain about
Republican dirty tricks :)

I hope you can start one!
all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum www.warbirdforum.com
Expedition sailboat charters www.expeditionsail.com

John Doe
September 9th 04, 03:31 AM
"Ed Rasimus" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:15:42 GMT, "John Doe" > wrote:
>
>>Has there been a good discussion of current US aviation military air to
>>air
>>training.
>>
>>In ref to this year's big exercise with India where the press is reporting
>>that the USAF's best F-15Cs got their butt whipped by India's Su-27.
>>--
>>The US Air Force got a "wake-up call" in air-to-air training exercises
>>with
>>India earlier this year that showed the United States can no longer take
>>air
>>superiority for granted in a conflict, a top US general said Wednesday.
>>A study of the "Cope India" air exercise, conducted by the US and Indian
>>air
>>forces in Gwalior, India last February, is secret, said General Hal
>>Hornburg, head of the air force's Air Combat Command.
>
> You are about eight months late for the discussion.

Found/read your posts at the end of June....8 weeks late...but good
points....thanks.

Google