PDA

View Full Version : Which Military Service is best?

ArtKramr
September 8th 04, 02:13 AM
Military service

A Soldier, a Sailor, an Airman and a Marine got into an argument about which
branch of the service was "The Best." The arguing became so heated the four
service men failed to see an oncoming truck as they crossed the street. They
were hit by the truck and killed instantly.

Soon, the four servicemen found themselves at the Pearly gates of Heaven.
There, they met Saint Peter and decided that only he could be the ultimate
source of truth and honesty. So, the four servicemen asked him, "Saint Peter,
which branch of the United States Armed Forces is the best?"

Saint Peter replied, "I can't answer that. However, I will ask God what He
thinks the next time I see Him. Meanwhile, thank you for your service on Earth
and welcome to Heaven."

Some time later the four servicemen see Saint Peter and remind him of the
question they had asked when first entering Heaven. The four servicemen asked
Saint Peter if he was able to find the answer. Suddenly, a sparkling white dove
lands on Saint Peter's shoulder. In the dove's beak is a note glistening with
gold dust. Saint Peter opens the note, trumpets blare, gold dust drifts into
the air, harps play crescendos and Saint Peter begins to read the note aloud to
the four servicemen:

MEMORANDUM FROM THE DESK OF THE ALMIGHTY ONE

TO: All Former Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines

SUBJECT: Which Military Service Is the Best

1. All branches of the United States Armed Forces are honorable and noble.

2. Each serves America well and with distinction.

3. Serving in the United States military represents a great honor warranting
special respect, tribute, and dedication from your fellow man.

4. Always be proud of that.

Warm regards,

GOD, USAF (Retired)

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Dave Kearton
September 8th 04, 02:21 AM
"ArtKramr" > wrote in message
| Military service
|
| A Soldier, a Sailor, an Airman and a Marine got into an argument about
which
| branch of the service was "The Best." The arguing became so heated the
four
| service men failed to see an oncoming truck as they crossed the street.
They
| were hit by the truck and killed instantly.

<<Snippage>>

| 4. Always be proud of that.
|
| Warm regards,
|
| GOD, USAF (Retired)
|

| Arthur Kramer
| 344th BG 494th BS

Not trying to buy into this , just repeating a less subtle jibe, that the
difference between God and pilots (in general) is that God doesn't think
he's a pilot.

Cheers

Dave Kearton

J Haggerty
September 8th 04, 03:32 AM
ArtKramr wrote:

> MEMORANDUM FROM THE DESK OF THE ALMIGHTY ONE
>
> TO: All Former Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines
>
> SUBJECT: Which Military Service Is the Best
>
> 1. All branches of the United States Armed Forces are honorable and noble.
>
> 2. Each serves America well and with distinction.
>
> 3. Serving in the United States military represents a great honor warranting
> special respect, tribute, and dedication from your fellow man.
>
> 4. Always be proud of that.
>
> Warm regards,
>
> GOD, USAF (Retired)

Art, did you read item 3? It applies to George Bush and all the other
veterans that you like to slam on this newsgroup. Does this mean you'll
stop slamming them, or are you going to ignore God's memorandum?

JPH (USAF Retired)

ArtKramr
September 8th 04, 04:50 AM
>Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>From: J Haggerty
>Date: 9/7/2004 7:32 PM Pacific Standard Time
>

>ArtKramr wrote:
>
>> MEMORANDUM FROM THE DESK OF THE ALMIGHTY ONE
>>
>> TO: All Former Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines
>>
>> SUBJECT: Which Military Service Is the Best
>>
>> 1. All branches of the United States Armed Forces are honorable and noble.
>>
>> 2. Each serves America well and with distinction.
>>
>> 3. Serving in the United States military represents a great honor
>warranting
>> special respect, tribute, and dedication from your fellow man.
>>
>> 4. Always be proud of that.
>>
>> Warm regards,
>>
>> GOD, USAF (Retired)
>
>Art, did you read item 3? It applies to George Bush and all the other
>veterans that you like to slam on this newsgroup. Does this mean you'll
>stop slamming them, or are you going to ignore God's memorandum?
>
>JPH (USAF Retired)

What did you fly?

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Raoul
September 8th 04, 05:03 AM

> >Art, did you read item 3? It applies to George Bush and all the other
> >veterans that you like to slam on this newsgroup. Does this mean you'll
> >stop slamming them, or are you going to ignore God's memorandum?
> >
> >JPH (USAF Retired)
> >

> What did you fly?

And why does that matter?

You see, Artie, with your history in thei NG, what would appear as a
simple question is actually a form of snide put down.

So, once again, why does it matter?

raoul

ArtKramr
September 8th 04, 05:15 AM
>Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>From: Raoul
>Date: 9/7/2004 9:03 PM Pacific Standard Time
>

>> >Art, did you read item 3? It applies to George Bush and all the other
>> >veterans that you like to slam on this newsgroup. Does this mean you'll
>> >stop slamming them, or are you going to ignore God's memorandum?
>> >
>> >JPH (USAF Retired)
>> >

>> What did you fly?
>
>And why does that matter?
>
>You see, Artie, with your history in thei NG, what would appear as a
>simple question is actually a form of snide put down.
>
>So, once again, why does it matter?
>
>raoul

It's a simple question. What are you trying to hide?

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Raoul
September 8th 04, 06:33 AM
In article >, ArtKramr
> wrote:

> >Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
> >From: Raoul
> >Date: 9/7/2004 9:03 PM Pacific Standard Time

> >> What did you fly?
> >
> >And why does that matter?
> >
> >You see, Artie, with your history in thei NG, what would appear as a
> >simple question is actually a form of snide put down.
> >
> >So, once again, why does it matter?
> >
> >raoul
> >

> It's a simple question. What are you trying to hide?

I have and am hiding nothing. I have already said what my combat
experience is. None.

I certainly hope I'm not such a ****witted dribbledick when I get to be
your age...

raoul

Ragnar
September 8th 04, 08:58 AM
"ArtKramr" > wrote in message
> >Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
> >From: J Haggerty
> >Date: 9/7/2004 7:32 PM Pacific Standard Time
> >

> >ArtKramr wrote:
> >
> >> MEMORANDUM FROM THE DESK OF THE ALMIGHTY ONE
> >>
> >> TO: All Former Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines
> >>
> >> SUBJECT: Which Military Service Is the Best
> >>
> >> 1. All branches of the United States Armed Forces are honorable and
noble.

> >> 2. Each serves America well and with distinction.
> >>
> >> 3. Serving in the United States military represents a great honor
> >warranting
> >> special respect, tribute, and dedication from your fellow man.
> >>
> >> 4. Always be proud of that.
> >>
> >> Warm regards,
> >>
> >> GOD, USAF (Retired)
> >
> >Art, did you read item 3? It applies to George Bush and all the other
> >veterans that you like to slam on this newsgroup. Does this mean you'll
> >stop slamming them, or are you going to ignore God's memorandum?
> >
> >JPH (USAF Retired)
> >

> What did you fly?

And what did YOU fly, Art? Bombadiers don't get stick time.

ArtKramr
September 8th 04, 12:37 PM
>Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>From: Raoul
>Date: 9/7/2004 10:33 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>In article >, ArtKramr
> wrote:
>
>> >Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>> >From: Raoul
>> >Date: 9/7/2004 9:03 PM Pacific Standard Time

>> >And why does that matter?
>> >
>> >You see, Artie, with your history in thei NG, what would appear as a
>> >simple question is actually a form of snide put down.
>> >
>> >So, once again, why does it matter?
>> >
>> >raoul
>> >

>> It's a simple question. What are you trying to hide?
>
>I have and am hiding nothing. I have already said what my combat
>experience is. None.
>
>I certainly hope I'm not such a ****witted dribbledick when I get to be
>your age...
>
>raoul

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

ArtKramr
September 8th 04, 12:39 PM
>Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>From: "Ragnar"
>Date: 9/8/2004 12:58 AM Pacific Standard Time
>

>"ArtKramr" > wrote in message
>> >Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>> >From: J Haggerty
>> >Date: 9/7/2004 7:32 PM Pacific Standard Time

>noble.

>> >warranting

>> >Art, did you read item 3? It applies to George Bush and all the other
>> >veterans that you like to slam on this newsgroup. Does this mean you'll
>> >stop slamming them, or are you going to ignore God's memorandum?
>> >
>> >JPH (USAF Retired)
>> >

>> What did you fly?
>
>And what did YOU fly, Art? Bombadiers don't get stick time.

Yes they do via the Norden bombsight during those final moments when it really
counts..

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

B2431
September 8th 04, 04:31 PM
>Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>From: "Ragnar"
>Date: 9/8/2004 2:58 AM Central Daylight Time
>

>"ArtKramr" > wrote in message
>> >Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>> >From: J Haggerty
>> >Date: 9/7/2004 7:32 PM Pacific Standard Time

>noble.

>> >warranting

>> >Art, did you read item 3? It applies to George Bush and all the other
>> >veterans that you like to slam on this newsgroup. Does this mean you'll
>> >stop slamming them, or are you going to ignore God's memorandum?
>> >
>> >JPH (USAF Retired)
>> >

>> What did you fly?
>
>And what did YOU fly, Art? Bombadiers don't get stick time.

Haven't you heard? There was no one else in the entire ETO. Art won that air
war all by himself. He's just too modest to say so.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Jarg
September 8th 04, 05:50 PM
"ArtKramr" > wrote in message

> Jealousy is a terrible thing.
>

> Arthur Kramer
> 344th BG 494th BS
> England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
> Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
> http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

So is a poor understanding of vocabulary.

Jarg

ArtKramr
September 8th 04, 07:32 PM
>Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>From: (B2431)
>Date: 9/8/2004 8:31 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>>Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>>From: "Ragnar"
>>Date: 9/8/2004 2:58 AM Central Daylight Time

>>noble.

>>> What did you fly?
>>
>>And what did YOU fly, Art? Bombadiers don't get stick time.
>>

>Haven't you heard? There was no one else in the entire ETO. Art won that air
>war all by himself. He's just too modest to say so.
>
>Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

And what did you fly Dan? don't be modest, tell us all.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

OXMORON1
September 8th 04, 08:00 PM
Art again asked:
>And what did you fly Dan? don't be modest, tell us all.

Art, you answer a question or two for us and then we'll answer yours.
Why is it that you never received a commission and remained a Warrant Officer
all during your ETO experience?
How many of your Squadron or Group's missions had you as the lead bombadier in
the lead airplane?

Rick Clark

BUFDRVR
September 8th 04, 08:22 PM
ArtKramr wrote:

>Yes they do via the Norden bombsight during those final moments when it
>really
>counts..

Because takeoffs and formation join don't "count". Will you *ever* stop?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"

ArtKramr
September 8th 04, 08:31 PM
>ubject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>From: (OXMORON1)
>Date: 9/8/2004 12:00 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>Art again asked:
>>And what did you fly Dan? don't be modest, tell us all.
>>

>Art, you answer a question or two for us and then we'll answer yours.
>Why is it that you never received a commission and remained a Warrant Officer
>all during your ETO experience?
>How many of your Squadron or Group's missions had you as the lead bombadier
>in
>the lead airplane?
>
>Rick Clark

5 times.

..
Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

OXMORON1
September 8th 04, 08:38 PM
Art wrote in response to being asked about being lead bombadier:

> 5 times.

Flight, Squadron or Group?
Which particular missions if you remember?

Strictly curious.

Rick Clark

ArtKramr
September 8th 04, 09:01 PM
>Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>From: (OXMORON1)
>Date: 9/8/2004 12:38 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>Art wrote in response to being asked about being lead bombadier:
>
>> 5 times.
>
>Flight, Squadron or Group?
>Which particular missions if you remember?
>
>Strictly curious.
>
>Rick Clark

Group. Brest, Wurzburgh, Straubing, Verberie and Cologne.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Ragnar
September 8th 04, 10:12 PM
"ArtKramr" > wrote in message
> >Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
> >From: "Ragnar"
> >Date: 9/8/2004 12:58 AM Pacific Standard Time

> >noble.

> >> What did you fly?
> >
> >And what did YOU fly, Art? Bombadiers don't get stick time.
>

> Yes they do via the Norden bombsight during those final moments when it
really
> counts..

So you didn't actually FLY the plane. Wannabe.

ArtKramr
September 8th 04, 11:32 PM
>Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>From: "Ragnar"
>Date: 9/8/2004 2:12 PM Pacific Standard Time
>

>"ArtKramr" > wrote in message
>> >Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>> >From: "Ragnar"
>> >Date: 9/8/2004 12:58 AM Pacific Standard Time

>> >noble.

>you'll

>> >And what did YOU fly, Art? Bombadiers don't get stick time.
>>

>> Yes they do via the Norden bombsight during those final moments when it
>really
>> counts..
>
>So you didn't actually FLY the plane. Wannabe.

You realy know zero on this subject wannabee.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Krztalizer
September 8th 04, 11:52 PM
Art, you never took over the stick during climbout? I used to pester my pilots
constantly about getting up front - it was a running joke with them.

Interesting about the Norden, flying the plane. In the after rescue station on
the SH-3, we had a "Coolie Hat" controller in order to fly the helo over a
downed airman. At some point in the H-3s history, someone realized that the
pilots couldn't actually see straight down to hover over a survivor - even with
constant calls from the drycrewman, the hover usually 'wandered' a bit, making
recoveries more complicated. The solution was to give a small amount of
control, something on the order of 5-10 knots in any direction, usually with
quite a bit less, about 1-2 knots which is basically a drift) to the crewman in
the back. Pilots entered a steady hover using full instruments and visual
procedures and when they were comfortablely settled, they turned control over
to the kid in the back, who could motor around a bit. We discovered that the
pilots could give us a lot MORE speed, but naturally it was not their choice.
"No, its just barely moving." "But I turned it up?" "I don't know why - we're
just barely drifting. It'll take us forever to get - " "Ok, ok - try it now"
"Roger that."

yee Haaw.

I suppose gazing down through the rubber eyepiece of the Norden at an
approaching bridge would be somewhat less fun, and with quite a bit more
pucker.

v/r
Gordon

ArtKramr
September 9th 04, 01:09 AM
>Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>From: (Krztalizer)
>Date: 9/8/2004 3:52 PM Pacific Standard Time

>Art, you never took over the stick during climbout? I used to pester my
>pilots
>constantly about getting up front - it was a running joke with them.
>
>Interesting about the Norden,

Conditions permitting I got a good many hours of stick time in the B-26, C-47,
C-46 and a Feisler Storch we had captured and used as a pufdl;e jumper around
Schleissheim. Lotta fun. But doing a final in the B-26 at 110 IAS at a steep
approach angle to the runway could curl your hair.

>I suppose gazing down through the rubber eyepiece of the Norden at an
>approaching bridge would be somewhat less fun, and with quite a bit more
>pucker.

Especially when the view of the bridge is paritally obscured by big black
bursts of flak with hot red centers. (sheesh)

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Dave Kearton
September 9th 04, 01:26 AM
"ArtKramr" > wrote in message
| >Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?

| Conditions permitting I got a good many hours of stick time in the B-26,
C-47,
| C-46 and a Feisler Storch we had captured and used as a pufdl;e jumper
around
| Schleissheim. Lotta fun. But doing a final in the B-26 at 110 IAS at a
steep
| approach angle to the runway could curl your hair.
|
| >I suppose gazing down through the rubber eyepiece of the Norden at an
| >approaching bridge would be somewhat less fun, and with quite a bit more
| >pucker.
|
| Especially when the view of the bridge is paritally obscured by big black
| bursts of flak with hot red centers. (sheesh)
|

| Arthur Kramer
| 344th BG 494th BS

Was the Storch still during wartime Art ?

If so, was there any trepidation in flying around a war zone in a German
aircraft, even after a new paintjob and new licence plates ?

One would imagine if it were possible to identify the aircraft, it would
still be light enough to see the Star and Bars and the pilot waving at the
Mustangs - or the ground gunners.

Cheers

Dave Kearton

ArtKramr
September 9th 04, 02:52 AM
>Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>From: "Dave Kearton"
>Date: 9/8/2004 5:26 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>"ArtKramr" > wrote in message
>| >Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>

>| Conditions permitting I got a good many hours of stick time in the B-26,
>C-47,
>| C-46 and a Feisler Storch we had captured and used as a pufdl;e jumper
>around
>| Schleissheim. Lotta fun. But doing a final in the B-26 at 110 IAS at a
>steep
>| approach angle to the runway could curl your hair.
>|
>| >I suppose gazing down through the rubber eyepiece of the Norden at an
>| >approaching bridge would be somewhat less fun, and with quite a bit more
>| >pucker.
>|
>| Especially when the view of the bridge is paritally obscured by big black
>| bursts of flak with hot red centers. (sheesh)
>|

>| Arthur Kramer
>| 344th BG 494th BS
>

>Was the Storch still during wartime Art ?
>

>If so, was there any trepidation in flying around a war zone in a German
>aircraft, even after a new paintjob and new licence plates ?
>
>One would imagine if it were possible to identify the aircraft, it would
>still be light enough to see the Star and Bars and the pilot waving at the
>Mustangs - or the ground gunners.
>

>Cheers
>

>Dave Kearton

The war had ended and we (the 344th) was assigned to Occupation duty. We moved
into an ex Luftwaffe airbase at Schleissheim (bei Munchen) Germany and that was
where uncovered the remains of the Storch.amid a load of wrecked JU -88's. We
fixed it up and flew it as a puddle jumper mostly to the supply dump at Erding
for small parts. But it was fun to fly.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Bob
September 9th 04, 06:46 AM
On 09 Sep 2004 01:52:28 GMT, (ArtKramr) wrote:

>The war had ended and we (the 344th) was assigned to Occupation duty. We moved
>into an ex Luftwaffe airbase at Schleissheim (bei Munchen) Germany and that was
>where uncovered the remains of the Storch.amid a load of wrecked JU -88's. We
>fixed it up and flew it as a puddle jumper mostly to the supply dump at Erding
>for small parts. But it was fun to fly.

Who were the "we" that fixed it up?
Did you actually turn a wrench Art?

Ragnar
September 9th 04, 09:47 AM
"ArtKramr" > wrote in message

> >> Yes they do via the Norden bombsight during those final moments when it
> >really
> >> counts..
> >
> >So you didn't actually FLY the plane. Wannabe.
>

> You realy know zero on this subject wannabee.

Ragnar
September 9th 04, 09:48 AM
"ArtKramr" > wrote in message

> >> Yes they do via the Norden bombsight during those final moments when it
> >really
> >> counts..
> >
> >So you didn't actually FLY the plane. Wannabe.
>

> You realy know zero on this subject wannabee.

Hey, I never claimed to FLY the plane. How much stick time did you have as
pilot or copilot again?

I thought Art plonked me ages ago. Another instance of his hypocrisy.

ArtKramr
September 9th 04, 02:14 PM
>Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>From: "Ragnar"
>Date: 9/9/2004 1:48 AM Pacific Standard Time

>> >really
>> >
>> >So you didn't actually FLY the plane. Wannabe.
>>

>> You realy know zero on this subject wannabee.
>
>Hey, I never claimed to FLY the plane. How much stick time did you have as
>pilot or copilot again?
>
>I thought Art plonked me ages ago. Another instance of his hypocrisy.

No ****head. I bought a new computer and failed to transfer all the plonks
when I got it. You fell through the cracke asshole but I'm fixing that now
wannabee.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

OXMORON1
September 9th 04, 03:18 PM
Art wrote:
>Conditions permitting I got a good many hours of stick time in the B-26,
>C-47,
>C-46 and a Feisler Storch we had captured and used as a pufdl;e jumper around
>Schleissheim

Which model Storch? The one with the gun position in the rear? Or the
Ambulance/VIP versions?
Did they (we) repaint the whole airplane or just paint out the German markings
and apply U.S. markings?

Rick Clark

ArtKramr
September 9th 04, 04:06 PM
>Subject: Re: Which Military Service is best?
>From: (OXMORON1)
>Date: 9/9/2004 7:18 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>Art wrote:
>>Conditions permitting I got a good many hours of stick time in the B-26,
>>C-47,
>>C-46 and a Feisler Storch we had captured and used as a pufdl;e jumper
>around
>>Schleissheim
>
>Which model Storch? The one with the gun position in the rear? Or the
>Ambulance/VIP versions?
>Did they (we) repaint the whole airplane or just paint out the German
>markings
>and apply U.S. markings?
>
>Rick Clark

No gun position and the entire plane was repainted and US marked.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Jsh51760
September 11th 04, 06:26 AM
>Military service
>
>A Soldier, a Sailor, an Airman and a Marine got into an argument about which
>branch of the service was "The Best." The arguing became so heated the four
>service men failed to see an oncoming truck as they crossed the street.
>They
>were hit by the truck and killed instantly.
>
>Soon, the four servicemen found themselves at the Pearly gates of Heaven.
>There, they met Saint Peter and decided that only he could be the ultimate
>source of truth and honesty. So, the four servicemen asked him, "Saint Peter,
>which branch of the United States Armed Forces is the best?"
>
>Saint Peter replied, "I can't answer that. However, I will ask God what He
>thinks the next time I see Him. Meanwhile, thank you for your service on
>Earth
>and welcome to Heaven."
>
>Some time later the four servicemen see Saint Peter and remind him of the
>question they had asked when first entering Heaven. The four servicemen asked
>Saint Peter if he was able to find the answer. Suddenly, a sparkling white
>dove
>lands on Saint Peter's shoulder. In the dove's beak is a note glistening with
>gold dust. Saint Peter opens the note, trumpets blare, gold dust drifts into
>the air, harps play crescendos and Saint Peter begins to read the note aloud
>the four servicemen:
>
>MEMORANDUM FROM THE DESK OF THE ALMIGHTY ONE
>
>TO: All Former Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines
>
>SUBJECT: Which Military Service Is the Best
>
>1. All branches of the United States Armed Forces are honorable and noble.
>
>2. Each serves America well and with distinction.
>
>3. Serving in the United States military represents a great honor warranting
>special respect, tribute, and dedication from your fellow man.
>
>4. Always be proud of that.
>
>Warm regards,
>
>GOD, USAF (Retired)

Robert Briggs
September 16th 04, 05:40 PM
ArtKramr wrote:

> MEMORANDUM FROM THE DESK OF THE ALMIGHTY ONE

> 1. All branches of the United States Armed Forces are honorable and noble.
>
> 2. Each serves America well and with distinction.

> GOD, USAF (Retired)

s/US/R/

Robert Briggs
September 16th 04, 05:42 PM
B2431 wrote:

> Haven't you heard? There was no one else in the entire ETO. Art
> won that air war all by himself. He's just too modest to say so.

That's not quite right, Dan: Art had some assistance from his
aeroplane's tail gunner.

B2431
September 19th 04, 04:12 PM
>From: Robert Briggs
>Date: 9/16/2004 11:42 AM Central Daylight Time
>
>B2431 wrote:
>
>> Haven't you heard? There was no one else in the entire ETO. Art
>> won that air war all by himself. He's just too modest to say so.
>
>That's not quite right, Dan: Art had some assistance from his
>aeroplane's tail gunner.

He was only there for weight so Art had a smoother ride thereby enabling him to
me more comfortable while singlehandely winning the war.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Google