PDA

View Full Version : Re: Is this photograph a forgery ?

ArtKramr
September 13th 04, 01:02 AM
>Subject: Re: Is this photograph a forgery ?
>From: "Bob Coe"
>Date: 9/12/2004 11:53 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>"Mark Test" > wrote
>> ...Also, he was missing his "get out of basic"
>> ribbon too, why wasn't that in his record!!!
>
>In the early 70's there was no basic training ribbon, and the
>National Defense was all you got. Then when the National Defense
>ribbon went away in 75, they came out with the basic training
>ribbon so the kids would have something to wear.

Actually my service record had one more award than I knew I had. It included a
battle star for the Battle of the Northern Appernines. I never realised I had
that battle star until I saw it on my service record on sparation.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

B2431
September 14th 04, 10:32 AM
>From: "Mark Test"
>Date: 9/13/2004 6:42 PM Central Daylight Time
>
>"Kevin Brooks" > wrote in message
>>

>> But isn't that ONLY if you were assigned to that vessel when it won the
>> award? You get assigned to the USS Duckwaddle in 2000, which has a PUC
>> dating from, say, 1991 and ODS, and then when you later get reassigned to
>> shore duty in Iowa you would continue to wear that PUC? I don't think so.
>>
>> Brooks
>>
>Yes, that's true. My point was that apparently in the Army and Air Force
>when you transfer from the unit, you no longer wear any of their unit
>awards.
>
>I wear a Battle "E" from PELICAN (MHC-53) 'cause I was onbaord when
>the ship got the award...I wear this ribbon forever, even though I've long
>since transferred.
>
>Mark

Actually both the Army and Air Force require you to wear unit ribbons earned
while you were assigned for the rest of your career.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Google