PDA

View Full Version : ILS approach KJAN 700 foot ceilings - Video

December 15th 09, 02:16 AM
Great day to touch a cloud so I figured to knock out a few approaches
yesterday.

Video includes my IFR briefing with approach plate overlays and the
entire descent from the outer marker to landing with me "talking my
way down"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0SuYcnBP8Y

NOTE Allen is the OUTER marker, video has a typo of middle marker.

Ross
December 15th 09, 05:22 PM
wrote:
> Great day to touch a cloud so I figured to knock out a few approaches
> yesterday.
>
> Video includes my IFR briefing with approach plate overlays and the
> entire descent from the outer marker to landing with me "talking my
> way down"
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0SuYcnBP8Y
>
> NOTE Allen is the OUTER marker, video has a typo of middle marker.

On my last IFR trip before I had to stop flying I filed for six and the
cloud tops were 5.5. What a beautiful flight for 150 miles just on top
with clear blue skies above.

I do admire your centerline takeoffs and landings. That is the correct
thing to do. No sloppy work there.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

December 15th 09, 08:58 PM
On Dec 15, 11:22*am, Ross > wrote:

> On my last IFR trip before I had to stop flying I filed for six and the
> cloud tops were 5.5. What a beautiful flight for 150 miles just on top
> with clear blue skies above.

What a way "to go out" Ross on your last flight.

Flights like that are too short :-)

December 16th 09, 11:16 PM
VOR Alpha approach into KMBO down to minimums with ATC COMS - Video

My return home from KJAN

I call this my "dive and drive" approach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFR8zmSpIgE

Video begins at my approach clearance into Madison and ends with my
IFR cancellation with clearance delivery

Google