PDA

View Full Version : The LK8000 copyright issue is solved

Max Kellermann
September 6th 10, 08:36 AM
Hi,

follow-up to the discussion on the thread "Sad Tale of Greed and
Aspiration".

Paolo Ventafridda has finally released the LK8000 source code
yesterday, which makes the project legal again. They can be
downloaded unter the terms of the GPL (v2+) here:

http://www.bware.it/listing/LKSOURCES/

I have imported all tarballs into my public XCSoar git repository,
instructions for cloning it are on my home page:

http://max.kellermann.name/projects/xcsoar/

I'm happy that this issue is finally resolved. It is now legal to
distribute LK8000. Thanks to everybody in this newsgroup who helped
emphasize that the LK8000 must be published because it is derived from
XCSoar.

We will begin analyzing the LK8000 source code for useful patches
soon, which we will then merge back into the XCSoar project for
version 6.0.

Although both projects have diverged over the past 12 months, thanks
to the source code release, it is now possible to share bug fixes and
new features. All users benefit, because this will potentially
accelerate the development of both projects. Less time wasted on
reinventing the wheel.

Max

Mike[_8_]
September 6th 10, 08:42 AM
On Sep 6, 1:36*am, Max Kellermann > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> follow-up to the discussion on the thread "Sad Tale of Greed and
> Aspiration".
>
> Paolo Ventafridda has finally released the LK8000 source code
> yesterday, which makes the project legal again. *They can be
> downloaded unter the terms of the GPL (v2+) here:
>
> *http://www.bware.it/listing/LKSOURCES/
>
> I have imported all tarballs into my public XCSoar git repository,
> instructions for cloning it are on my home page:
>
> *http://max.kellermann.name/projects/xcsoar/
>
> I'm happy that this issue is finally resolved. *It is now legal to
> distribute LK8000. *Thanks to everybody in this newsgroup who helped
> emphasize that the LK8000 must be published because it is derived from
> XCSoar.
>
> We will begin analyzing the LK8000 source code for useful patches
> soon, which we will then merge back into the XCSoar project for
> version 6.0.
>
> Although both projects have diverged over the past 12 months, thanks
> to the source code release, it is now possible to share bug fixes and
> new features. *All users benefit, because this will potentially
> accelerate the development of both projects. *Less time wasted on
> reinventing the wheel.
>
> Max

Thanks for the update Max and thank you Paolo for releasing the code.
LK8000 is a stunning program!

Mike "0"

Darryl Ramm
September 6th 10, 05:26 PM
On Sep 6, 12:42*am, Mike > wrote:
> On Sep 6, 1:36*am, Max Kellermann > wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > follow-up to the discussion on the thread "Sad Tale of Greed and
> > Aspiration".
>
> > Paolo Ventafridda has finally released the LK8000 source code
> > yesterday, which makes the project legal again. *They can be
> > downloaded unter the terms of the GPL (v2+) here:
>
> > *http://www.bware.it/listing/LKSOURCES/
>
> > I have imported all tarballs into my public XCSoar git repository,
> > instructions for cloning it are on my home page:
>
> > *http://max.kellermann.name/projects/xcsoar/
>
> > I'm happy that this issue is finally resolved. *It is now legal to
> > distribute LK8000. *Thanks to everybody in this newsgroup who helped
> > emphasize that the LK8000 must be published because it is derived from
> > XCSoar.
>
> > We will begin analyzing the LK8000 source code for useful patches
> > soon, which we will then merge back into the XCSoar project for
> > version 6.0.
>
> > Although both projects have diverged over the past 12 months, thanks
> > to the source code release, it is now possible to share bug fixes and
> > new features. *All users benefit, because this will potentially
> > accelerate the development of both projects. *Less time wasted on
> > reinventing the wheel.
>
> > Max
>
> Thanks for the update Max and thank you Paolo for releasing the code.
> LK8000 is a stunning program!
>
> Mike "0"

Yes, thanks Max and Paolo for sorting this out.

Darryl

Andy[_1_]
September 7th 10, 06:35 PM
On Sep 6, 12:36*am, Max Kellermann > wrote:

> I'm happy that this issue is finally resolved. *

As an LK8000 user and beta tester I'd like to say thanks to everyone
for bringing this issue to a close.

Andy

Brad[_2_]
September 7th 10, 06:37 PM
On Sep 7, 10:35*am, Andy > wrote:
> On Sep 6, 12:36*am, Max Kellermann > wrote:
>

> > I'm happy that this issue is finally resolved. *
>
> As an LK8000 user and beta tester I'd like to say thanks to everyone
> for bringing this issue to a close.
>
> Andy

I'm with Andy.............I've been using LK8000 since the start and
have been a beta tester also.
Many thanks to the team, great flight software and it's been a
pleasure working with Paolo.

Brad

jb92563
September 7th 10, 06:50 PM
On Sep 6, 12:36*am, Max Kellermann > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> follow-up to the discussion on the thread "Sad Tale of Greed and
> Aspiration".
>
> Paolo Ventafridda has finally released the LK8000 source code
> yesterday, which makes the project legal again. *They can be
> downloaded unter the terms of the GPL (v2+) here:
>
> *http://www.bware.it/listing/LKSOURCES/
>
> I have imported all tarballs into my public XCSoar git repository,
> instructions for cloning it are on my home page:
>
> *http://max.kellermann.name/projects/xcsoar/
>
> I'm happy that this issue is finally resolved. *It is now legal to
> distribute LK8000. *Thanks to everybody in this newsgroup who helped
> emphasize that the LK8000 must be published because it is derived from
> XCSoar.
>
> We will begin analyzing the LK8000 source code for useful patches
> soon, which we will then merge back into the XCSoar project for
> version 6.0.
>
> Although both projects have diverged over the past 12 months, thanks
> to the source code release, it is now possible to share bug fixes and
> new features. *All users benefit, because this will potentially
> accelerate the development of both projects. *Less time wasted on
> reinventing the wheel.
>
> Max

I'm happy this was all taken care of as it will be to
the benefit of everyone that uses XCSoar and LK8000
now and into the future.

Ray

Google