The LK8000 copyright issue is solved

Old September 6th 10, 08:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Default The LK8000 copyright issue is solved

Hi,

follow-up to the discussion on the thread "Sad Tale of Greed and
Aspiration".

Paolo Ventafridda has finally released the LK8000 source code
yesterday, which makes the project legal again. They can be
downloaded unter the terms of the GPL (v2+) he

http://www.bware.it/listing/LKSOURCES/

I have imported all tarballs into my public XCSoar git repository,
instructions for cloning it are on my home page:

http://max.kellermann.name/projects/xcsoar/

I'm happy that this issue is finally resolved. It is now legal to
distribute LK8000. Thanks to everybody in this newsgroup who helped
emphasize that the LK8000 must be published because it is derived from
XCSoar.

We will begin analyzing the LK8000 source code for useful patches
soon, which we will then merge back into the XCSoar project for
version 6.0.

Although both projects have diverged over the past 12 months, thanks
to the source code release, it is now possible to share bug fixes and
new features. All users benefit, because this will potentially
accelerate the development of both projects. Less time wasted on
reinventing the wheel.

Max
Old September 6th 10, 08:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_8_]

On Sep 6, 1:36*am, Max Kellermann wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the update Max and thank you Paolo for releasing the code.
LK8000 is a stunning program!

Mike "0"
Old September 6th 10, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Sep 6, 12:42*am, Mike wrote:
[...]

Yes, thanks Max and Paolo for sorting this out.

Darryl
Old September 7th 10, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Sep 6, 12:36*am, Max Kellermann wrote:

I'm happy that this issue is finally resolved. *

As an LK8000 user and beta tester I'd like to say thanks to everyone
for bringing this issue to a close.

Andy
Old September 7th 10, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Sep 7, 10:35*am, Andy wrote:
On Sep 6, 12:36*am, Max Kellermann wrote:

I'm happy that this issue is finally resolved. *

As an LK8000 user and beta tester I'd like to say thanks to everyone
for bringing this issue to a close.

Andy

I'm with Andy.............I've been using LK8000 since the start and
have been a beta tester also.
Many thanks to the team, great flight software and it's been a
pleasure working with Paolo.

Brad
Old September 7th 10, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jb92563

[...]

I'm happy this was all taken care of as it will be to
the benefit of everyone that uses XCSoar and LK8000
now and into the future.

Ray

LK8000 questions Andy[_1_] Soaring 9 March 15th 10 11:10 AM
New LK8000 glide computer video PCool Soaring 6 October 12th 09 06:19 PM
Copyright and Picasa Canuck[_2_] Aviation Photos 31 November 3rd 08 05:40 AM
Copyright logo Pjmac35 Aviation Photos 6 May 22nd 07 12:07 PM
Pan AM 747 mystery solved! Alan White Simulators 1 July 18th 03 06:29 PM