PDA

View Full Version : Re: Caution - InterAv "Spike Guard" Capacitor

Doug Carter
June 30th 03, 11:36 PM
"MikeremlaP" > wrote in message

>While a firewall isn't as severe a > heat location as a front baffle, our
firewall still gets fairly hot after a few > hours of flying. Don't know if
the electrolyte drying out is a function of > boiling point or long term
>evaporation. Sounds like further investigation is
> warranted.

While I've no idea what the specs are for this particular, large
electrolytic capacitors are used in automotive designs. The example in this
reference: http://images.powerelectronics.com/files/285/ElectrolyticCap.pdf
discusses estimating the life of an electrolytic capacitor operating at 85
degrees C. Caps can operate at these temperature levels, just depends on
the specific one.

Google