PDA

View Full Version : Re: Pre-Purchase Annual?

Paul Millner
July 4th 03, 07:41 PM
>> The current owner is concerned about logging another annual just 6 weeks
later should we elect not to purchase

Then have the annual done, but don't have it logged unless you elect to
proceed with the purchase. Heck, it needn't be logged in the logbook anyway
(read the regulation). Have the mechanic log it on a sticker, and then
stick that in the logbook once you own them.

Your seller doesn't sound too sophisticated.

Paul

Greg Hopp
July 4th 03, 10:11 PM
(Darrell Clay) wrote in message
> How many of you would, under the circumstances, be contented with just
> a very thorough pre-purchase insecption (by an A&P of our own choosing
> in his own shop)? Should we insist on an annual, and discount the
> effect of two annuals within 6 weeks in the logs?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Darrel:
A partner and I just bought a C150. It was IN annual at the time. We
still had our own A&P come in and do a pre-buy while it was apart.
That annual cost the seller $4,000 to bring the plane up to our specs.
I for one would be content with the thorough prebuy option.

Although this isn't the same situation, a good look at the logs and a
discussion with your mechanic about your goals in the prebuy should go
a long way. In our case, the seller promised (and kept his word) to
fix whatever was wrong in annual. You should have that understanding
up front as well with your seller.

Good luck,

Greg Hopp
N4691X