PDA

View Full Version : Corrosion X Applicators

Hankal
July 5th 03, 12:40 AM
Corrosion X applicators.
Some shops just mist or fog Corrosion X into the fuselage.
Others will use long wands and spray it into the wings.
Which is better or which is recommended by the manufacturer?
Hank N1441P

Doug
July 5th 03, 03:29 AM
Boseal, a new product is better than Corrosion X. When it dries, it leaves a
wax, much like thin Cosmoline. The idea is to have the oil penetrate joints.
So brush it on, swab it on, spray it on, it doesn't matter so long as it
goes where it is supposed to.

"Hankal" > wrote > Corrosion X applicators.
> Some shops just mist or fog Corrosion X into the fuselage.
> Others will use long wands and spray it into the wings.
> Which is better or which is recommended by the manufacturer?
> Hank N1441P

Bob Fry
July 5th 03, 03:58 PM
(Hankal) writes:

> Corrosion X applicators.
> Some shops just mist or fog Corrosion X into the fuselage.
> Others will use long wands and spray it into the wings.
> Which is better or which is recommended by the manufacturer?
> Hank N1441P

My mechanic prefers LPS3 for this, and used the wands to fog the wings
during the annual. It was a quite a sight. The fog--not the liquid
oil--kept seeping out of the wings several minutes after spraying
stopped.

Ron Natalie
July 7th 03, 03:32 PM
"Doug" > wrote in message ...
> Boseal, a new product is better than Corrosion X. When it dries, it leaves a
> wax, much like thin Cosmoline. The idea is to have the oil penetrate joints.
> So brush it on, swab it on, spray it on, it doesn't matter so long as it
> goes where it is supposed to.

You mean Boeshield? (T-9). Not exactly new.

Doug
July 7th 03, 05:55 PM
Well it's new to me. And I think it's better. If you want long lasting
protection, that is. Leaves wax.

"Ron Natalie" > wrote>
> "Doug" > wrote in message
> > Boseal, a new product is better than Corrosion X. When it dries, it
leaves a
> > wax, much like thin Cosmoline. The idea is to have the oil penetrate
joints.
> > So brush it on, swab it on, spray it on, it doesn't matter so long as it
> > goes where it is supposed to.
> >
> You mean Boeshield? (T-9). Not exactly new.

Javier Henderson
July 7th 03, 06:07 PM
I've read that one negative about Boeshield is that it's not as good
as penetrating lap joints as Corrosion X is.

I believe Mike Busch had an article about his on his monthly colum
in the CPA magazine.

-jav

"Doug" > writes:

> Well it's new to me. And I think it's better. If you want long lasting
> protection, that is. Leaves wax.
>
> "Ron Natalie" > wrote>
> > "Doug" > wrote in message
> > > Boseal, a new product is better than Corrosion X. When it dries, it
> leaves a
> > > wax, much like thin Cosmoline. The idea is to have the oil penetrate
> joints.
> > > So brush it on, swab it on, spray it on, it doesn't matter so long as it
> > > goes where it is supposed to.
> > >
> > You mean Boeshield? (T-9). Not exactly new.

Google