PDA

View Full Version : Re: Ham Radio In The Airplane

Doug Carter
July 5th 03, 02:27 AM
97.101 says:
§97.101 General standards.
(a) In all respects not specifically covered by FCC Rules each amateur
station must be operated in accordance with good engineering and good
amateur practice.

(b) Each station licensee and each control operator must cooperate in
selecting transmitting channels and in making the most effective use of the
amateur service frequencies. No frequency will be assigned for the exclusive
use of any station.

I don't see any constraint regarding connection to anything so long as its
operated in 'accordance with good engineering and good amateur practice.'

Doug Carter WA5QGN Pitts S2-C

"Jim Weir" > wrote in message
> There was a question the other day about an amateur radio (or any other
two-way
> radio, for that matter) aboard the airplane. At least for amateur radio
(part
> 97) I got an answer back from an old time FCC person who was in this
business
> for a whole bunch of years. Names are omitted for reasons of privacy.
>
> Herewith the exchange...my questions, his answers.
>

> >97.101(b) says that an amateur station aboard an aircraft must be
> >"...independent of all other radio equipment...".

Google