PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Card Compass compatible with "V" brace?

Jeff P
July 8th 03, 05:55 PM
I have a 172XP with a float kit "V" brace on the glare shield. Does
anyone have any experience with mounting a vertical card compass next
to hunks of steel tubing? Do you think I have any hope of being able
to calibrate here?

Patric Barry
July 11th 03, 03:46 AM
You could have your mechanic mount it at the top of the windshield with an
aluminum bracket - don't forget to use brass bolts.

You will have a problem if it is adjacent to steel - even the radios upset
the balance - I'd put it as far away from iron as you can get it.

Pat

"Jeff P" > wrote in message
om...
> I have a 172XP with a float kit "V" brace on the glare shield. Does
> anyone have any experience with mounting a vertical card compass next
> to hunks of steel tubing? Do you think I have any hope of being able
> to calibrate here?

Google