PDA

View Full Version : Re: comanche 250

Tom Jackson
July 9th 03, 03:52 AM
My dad has a '67 260 - totally awesome aircraft - very fast!

His is worth approx $100,000, but has nice paint and interior.

Off the cuff, I'd say $65,000 sounds good, but you could check the value on
the AOPA website, if you are a member.

Also, the International Comanche Society is a good source of Comanche
information.

Dennis O'Connor
July 9th 03, 03:33 PM
It is either the steal of the year - or he saw you coming from a long ways
off... Dunno.... You will need to have a sharp mechanic go over the
plane...

Denny

"Tony" > wrote in message
> Im looking into a 1964 comanche 250 to buy for 65,000(a good friend of
> mine, he is going to buy a glass cockpit for his MU-2 with the 65,000).
> Any way it has duel KX155, ADF, Autopilot, DME, ect. very nice panel.
> Its going to need paint and interior. 400 on the motor and a new prop.
> Hangered it whole life. Complete logs. Does this sound like a good deal?
> Or could I find better? Also any info on the comanche 250 would help.
>
> *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
> Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Montblack
July 9th 03, 04:21 PM
http://www.jrd.org/n8962p/ics/PA24-260.htm

International Comanche Society - VERY good site.

--
Montblack

("Tom Jackson" wrote)
> My dad has a '67 260 - totally awesome aircraft - very fast!
>
> His is worth approx $100,000, but has nice paint and interior.
>
> Off the cuff, I'd say $65,000 sounds good, but you could check the value
on
> the AOPA website, if you are a member.
>
> Also, the International Comanche Society is a good source of Comanche
> information.

Dan Thomas
July 9th 03, 06:02 PM
"Dennis O'Connor" > wrote in message >...
> It is either the steal of the year - or he saw you coming from a long ways
> off... Dunno.... You will need to have a sharp mechanic go over the
> plane...
>
> Denny

Exactly. A thorough AD search is in order, too, Two big ones that
come to mind are the four elevator bolts that cost a gazillion apiece,
and the main landing gear actuator trunnions that have to be taken out
and NDTd for cracking in the step radius. Hope they're OK. Probably
not, in a high-timer.

Dan

> "Tony" > wrote in message
> > Im looking into a 1964 comanche 250 to buy for 65,000(a good friend of
> > mine, he is going to buy a glass cockpit for his MU-2 with the 65,000).
> > Any way it has duel KX155, ADF, Autopilot, DME, ect. very nice panel.
> > Its going to need paint and interior. 400 on the motor and a new prop.
> > Hangered it whole life. Complete logs. Does this sound like a good deal?
> > Or could I find better? Also any info on the comanche 250 would help.
> >
> > *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
> > Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Patric Barry
July 11th 03, 03:42 AM
The 250 is an excellent plane - while I have been heard to say I can't
understand why Comanche owners are prepared to sell their planes for this
kind of money when C172 and C182 sell for double this price, I'd say get a
prebuy done and buy the plane.

The Comanche series is excellent and has good backup from the Comanche
Society and several companies that provide parts, especially Webco in
Newton, Kansas. Parts are available without too much difficulty, and if well
maintained there is no special maintenance problem with a Comanche over any
other type of aircraft. The laminar flow wing is especially good and it is a
fast plane for the money and the low operating cost.

The Comanche Society has a magazine with vendors advertising suppliers and
giving maintenance tips - I like the Comanche and I share with many people
the opinion that it is the best plane in that category, regardless of price.

That panel alone cost a ton of money - deduct that expense and you are
getting the plane extraordinarily cheaply.

Pat

Just be thorough with the prebuy.
"Tony" > wrote in message
> Im looking into a 1964 comanche 250 to buy for 65,000(a good friend of
> mine, he is going to buy a glass cockpit for his MU-2 with the 65,000).
> Any way it has duel KX155, ADF, Autopilot, DME, ect. very nice panel.
> Its going to need paint and interior. 400 on the motor and a new prop.
> Hangered it whole life. Complete logs. Does this sound like a good deal?
> Or could I find better? Also any info on the comanche 250 would help.
>
> *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
> Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Scott Skylane
July 28th 03, 01:02 AM
Chris Kennedy wrote:
/snip/
> Aircraft ownership isn't cheap, and the PA24 isn't particularly a
> maintenance hog. Two years ago I had a ~$100K budget for a new bird; I
> spent $60K for a '59 PA24 250 with about 2200 hours and a mid-time
> engine, which I flew directly to Aviation Classics. One year, two weeks
> and $45K later it emerged with an all new Garman panel, the LoPresti Vne
> mod, a few speed mods, rebuild gear and every system inspected and
> maintained as necessary.
/snip/

Chris,

Any pics of this fine bird?