PDA

View Full Version : Bendix AD 76-07-12

Jonathan Goodish
July 15th 03, 02:16 AM
I have a Bendix starter switch installed in my PA-28-181, and as far as
I can tell it is original. The aircraft was built in 1977 so it's close
enough to the effective date of the AD to make me want to investigate
whether the switch is affected by the AD or not. I read the AD and I
cannot figure out for sure whether my switch has the date code that
would exempt it from the AD.

On the body of the switch there are three lines, the first being the
serial number. The lines read as follows:

10-357xxxx-1
7611

I don't know whether the "7611" is the date code or whether it's
something else. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
JKG

Ross Richardson
July 15th 03, 06:01 PM
I would almost bet that 7611 is the 11th week of 1976 and there for a
date code.

Jonathan Goodish wrote:

> On the body of the switch there are three lines, the first being the
> serial number. The lines read as follows:
>
> 10-357xxxx-1
> 7611
>
> I don't know whether the "7611" is the date code or whether it's
> something else. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks,
> JKG

MikeM
July 17th 03, 03:30 PM
Jonathan Goodish wrote:

> I have a Bendix starter switch installed in my PA-28-181, and as far as
> I can tell it is original.
>
> I don't know whether the "7611" is the date code or whether it's
> something else. Can anyone help?

Almost all electronic or electrical components (particularly electromechanical
parts, switches, ics, capacitors, power resistors, etc have a 4 digit date code
YYMM, where YY is non-millenium year when made, and MM is the month.

For example, I just pulled two Signetics LF444CN ic chips out of my junkbox, and
one has "M9336" following the Signetics logo, and the other has "M8830"; which I
interpret as meaning that the first was made in the 36th week of 1993, and the
second was made in the 30th week of 1988.

Other chips dont have the M in front of the number, but the 4 digit date code is
very likely to be on most electronic parts...

MikeM
Skylane '1mm
Pacer '00z

Montblack
July 17th 03, 06:59 PM
("Russell Kent" wrote)
> Yep, the darned thing wrapped in a bad place. Here's a slightly different
one; hopefully it won't wrap in a
> bad place:

http://www-k.ext.ti.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=28,E=0000000000002862392,K=1549,Sxi=8,Case=obj %281091%29

Try this link .....

http://makeashorterlink.com/?F22861D45
Texas Instruments page
( Lot Trace Code, date code, lot code, trace code )

35 seconds to:

* copy long wrapping link
* open MSL on my quick launch bar
( www.makeashorterlink.com )

* paste link
* <hit enter>
* copy shorter link
* <hit enter>

* check for working URL
* paste shorter link to reply post

In case some people haven't done shorter links before...

--
Montblack

Google