PDA

View Full Version : MidWest Interior Shop Recommendations?

Jay Honeck
July 15th 03, 10:15 PM
Looking for a good shop within a few hours of Iowa City. The guy I've used
in the past (was in Maquoketa, now is supposedly in Clinton, IA) can't seem
to get his act together long enough to give me a quote.

Any suggestions? (Looking for leather seats, new padding, and new carpet.)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Ron Natalie
July 16th 03, 03:37 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message news:I9_Qa.72977$H17.21295@sccrnsc02...
> Looking for a good shop within a few hours of Iowa City. The guy I've used
> in the past (was in Maquoketa, now is supposedly in Clinton, IA) can't seem
> to get his act together long enough to give me a quote.

We're having ours done at
http://www.topgunrefinishing.com/

mostly because they are on the same field as where the Navion is being restored
(they're painting it as well). We've seen some of their work, it looks pretty good.

Mike Z.
July 16th 03, 04:50 PM
If they don't even have time to do a quote makes you want to pull the interior all out and get right in line doesn't it?

Mike Z

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message news:I9_Qa.72977$H17.21295@sccrnsc02...
> Looking for a good shop within a few hours of Iowa City. The guy I've used
> in the past (was in Maquoketa, now is supposedly in Clinton, IA) can't seem
> to get his act together long enough to give me a quote.
>
> Any suggestions? (Looking for leather seats, new padding, and new carpet.)
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

DRA
July 17th 03, 01:41 AM
Maybe a little too far east, but Air Mod at Clermont County (Dennis Wolter)
did my interior. They did a great job.

Doug
N65Q

Sydney Hoeltzli
July 17th 03, 05:22 AM
Jay Honeck wrote:
> Looking for a good shop within a few hours of Iowa City. The guy I've used
> in the past (was in Maquoketa, now is supposedly in Clinton, IA) can't seem
> to get his act together long enough to give me a quote.

Jay,

Rumor has it there's a good paint shop at Quincy, IL. A friend
is considering having them paint his plane.

You might call them and see if they have anyone to recommend if
they don't do it themselves.

Cheers,
Sydney

Viperdoc
July 17th 03, 01:27 PM
Airmod in Batavia is a great shop. He does an excellent job with attention
to detail. However, he may not work on Pipers.

JN

gross_arrow
July 18th 03, 05:01 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message news:<I9_Qa.72977$H17.21295@sccrnsc02>...
> Looking for a good shop within a few hours of Iowa City. The guy I've used
> in the past (was in Maquoketa, now is supposedly in Clinton, IA) can't seem
> to get his act together long enough to give me a quote.
>
> Any suggestions? (Looking for leather seats, new padding, and new carpet.)

well, about 800 nm away is leathertech at baz. they do
outstanding work. usually a month wait or more to get
on the schedule.

g_a

Sandy Mustard
July 18th 03, 09:19 PM
Airmod does great work on Pipers. He doesn't give a hoot about Mooneys.

Sandy Mustard

Viperdoc wrote:

> Airmod in Batavia is a great shop. He does an excellent job with attention
> to detail. However, he may not work on Pipers.
>
> JN

Google