PDA

View Full Version : NEW BUYER PLEASE HELP

Tony
July 18th 03, 05:20 AM
I have narrowed my choices down to two. A CESSNA 210, 1960, 3895 TT, 377
SMOH , Dual Mk12d, IFR, Modern Panel, Great Paint, Good interior &
glass, NDH, Fresh Annual for 60,000. Continental IO-470-E. 377 SMOH. 260
Hp. Fuel Injected.

And a 1964 Comanche 250, 3500TT, 400 SMOH, IFR, Duel KX155,
Autopilot(old one), Fresh Annual, NDH, needs paint and interior.

What would everyones choice be on the two airplanes. This is going to be
my first buy. Any ifo on the 210 would help. Anyone fly a 1960 210?
<ANYTHING WOULD HELP>

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Montblack
July 18th 03, 05:52 AM
(Tony wrote)
<snip>
> And a 1964 Comanche 250, 3500TT, 400 SMOH, IFR, Duel KX155,
> Autopilot(old one), Fresh Annual, NDH, needs paint and interior.

http://www.jrd.org/n8962p/ics/The%20Comanche%20Story.htm
Good Comanche site.

--
Montblack

July 18th 03, 06:56 AM
On 17-Jul-2003, Ryan Ferguson > wrote:

> On the other hand, of course, if heavy hauling is your game, the
> 210 is a great pickup truck. They're nice airplanes too.

IIRC the 1960 C-210 was basically a retractable C-182. It wasn't until a
few years later that the useful load was increased substantially, along with
a 300 hp engine. Those early C-210s are also noted for having
maintenance-intensive gear systems.

If you are attracted to these old birds by their relatively low purchase
price, remember that the maintenance costs as a fraction of acquisition cost
will be high, possibly VERY high.

-Elliott Drucker

Newps
July 21st 03, 12:53 AM
Tony wrote:

> I have narrowed my choices down to two. A CESSNA 210, 1960, 3895 TT, 377
> SMOH , Dual Mk12d, IFR, Modern Panel, Great Paint, Good interior &
> glass, NDH, Fresh Annual for 60,000. Continental IO-470-E. 377 SMOH. 260
> Hp. Fuel Injected.
>
> And a 1964 Comanche 250, 3500TT, 400 SMOH, IFR, Duel KX155,
> Autopilot(old one), Fresh Annual, NDH, needs paint and interior.
>
> What would everyones choice be on the two airplanes. This is going to be
> my first buy. Any ifo on the 210 would help. Anyone fly a 1960 210?
> <ANYTHING WOULD HELP>

I know a guy just like you. Bought the same 210 for his first plane.
You cannot believe how big a ****box an old 210 can be. Plus, they are
slow. He put $12K just into the gear in three years. Get yourself a
182 with a big motor and go the same speed for a hell of a lot less money.

July 21st 03, 01:26 AM
The Comanche 250.. no contest..

(IMHO)

Dave

On 18 Jul 2003 04:20:02 GMT, Tony > wrote:

>I have narrowed my choices down to two. A CESSNA 210, 1960, 3895 TT, 377
>SMOH , Dual Mk12d, IFR, Modern Panel, Great Paint, Good interior &
>glass, NDH, Fresh Annual for 60,000. Continental IO-470-E. 377 SMOH. 260
>Hp. Fuel Injected.
>
>And a 1964 Comanche 250, 3500TT, 400 SMOH, IFR, Duel KX155,
>Autopilot(old one), Fresh Annual, NDH, needs paint and interior.
>
>What would everyones choice be on the two airplanes. This is going to be
>my first buy. Any ifo on the 210 would help. Anyone fly a 1960 210?
><ANYTHING WOULD HELP>
>
>*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
>Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Jay Honeck
July 21st 03, 02:08 AM
> The Comanche 250.. no contest..

Agree 100%.

A Comanche is a sweet plane...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

July 21st 03, 01:50 PM
wrote:
: The Comanche 250.. no contest..

: (IMHO)

I concur. A Comanche has a better wing than Cherokee-based
Pipers. High-wing planes just don't seem like they should have
retractable gear.... :)

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *
* (Just my 20 USm$) *

G.R. Patterson III
July 21st 03, 11:10 PM
Tony wrote:

> What would everyones choice be on the two airplanes.

I'd go for the Comanche.

George Patterson
The optimist feels that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist is afraid that he's correct.
James Branch Cavel

Tony
July 23rd 03, 05:58 AM
Thank you all for the post. WE ARE GOING TO GET THE COMANCHE ON MONDAY
thanks again Tony

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Jay Honeck
July 24th 03, 03:07 PM
> Thank you all for the post. WE ARE GOING TO GET THE COMANCHE ON MONDAY
> thanks again Tony

Good luck!

And we will expect to see pictures of your new "baby" soon! :)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Google