PDA

View Full Version : Re: Reported by CNN this morning!!!!!

Someguy
July 19th 03, 07:22 PM
As a non pilot just intrested in this group temporarily, you may flame
me for this post.

The guy who said you don't scare the... um... 'pax' has it exactly
right.

I hear what you all are saying about fatigue and those are all real good
points. But here's the reality... if that had been me, I would have
been absolutely positively terrified. And since it would have been my
money paying your salary, my opinion counts more than yours. There is
no way that a passenger should ever see a pilot in an airplane sleeping.
No exceptions. Both pilots need to look like they could take on
anything at any time while they are operating that plane. It doesn't
really matter that it happens all the time, or that it's safer if you
take a cat nap. Perception is reality.

The solution, obviously, would have been for him to CLOSE THE FREAKIN'
DOOR! Especially in this day and age of suicidal maniacs. I dunno what
he was thinking, but I do hope none of you guys get caught doing this...
especially if I'm on the plane.

Maybe there should be 3 pilots per flight?

-Someguy

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Google