PDA

View Full Version : Re: The Sun is hot but the beer is cold in Iowa!

Jay Honeck
July 26th 03, 06:34 PM
> I have been read for an year the NG and posting rarely, but was getting
> ready to meet you all at the mecca. Due to business (hospitality before
you
> ask) we can only do it on the last Sunday and Monday. So have a great time
> hope we can make it your way Jay soon to teach you a few words of French
> (coming from a previous thread)

Dear Laurent,

Sorry you can't make it. We'll drink a toast to Quebec in your honor!

(And by the way: My mother's maiden name was "Errard" . They hailed from
French Canada... I heard a few good French phrases as a lad....)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jay Honeck
July 26th 03, 07:00 PM
> No quebecer in that blood pur French.

With an email name like "CanadianPilot", you're not from Canada?

Who'd a thunk it? :)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

CanadianPilot
July 26th 03, 07:12 PM
never heard of people leaving there country to live in a other one ;-D

Salut a bientot

Windsor Ontario

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> > No quebecer in that blood pur French.
>
> With an email name like "CanadianPilot", you're not from Canada?
>
> Who'd a thunk it? :)
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Drew Hamilton
July 26th 03, 09:59 PM
CanadianPilot > wrote:
>No quebecer in that blood pur French.

....so you mean that your French is actually understandable?

- awh

Barnyard BOb --
July 27th 03, 02:48 AM
Del Rawlins wrote:

>> CanadianPilot posted the following:
>> Dear Jay,
>>
>> No quebecer in that blood pur French.
>>
>> So have toast for French pilot if that is still ok in the states ;-D
>
>Okay by us. Firing up the flamethrower...

A new meaning/twist to --- FRENCH TOAST?

Barnyard BOb -- ARRGH.

john smith
July 27th 03, 05:12 AM
> >> So have toast for French pilot if that is still ok in the states ;-D
> >
> A new meaning/twist to --- FRENCH TOAST?

It's not just for breakfast!

Google