PDA

View Full Version : Re: The Sun is hot but the beer is cold in Iowa!

Dan Luke
July 26th 03, 10:12 PM
"Jay Honeck" wrote:
> The rest of you get your butts to Iowa, and enjoy a cookout with (*gasp*!)
> FREE BEER (soft drinks for Larry, if desired... :) and food for all who
fly
> in!

Wave to us on Continental 5954 as we pass overhead. Think I can get the
pilot to rock the wings? Maybe we'll see you at OSH.

Ya'll have fun...
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Greg Burkhart
July 26th 03, 11:02 PM
"Dan Luke" > wrote in message
> Wave to us on Continental 5954 as we pass overhead. Think I can get the
> pilot to rock the wings? Maybe we'll see you at OSH.

Talk the pilot into doing a T&G at IOW... ;-)

vincent p. norris
July 27th 03, 03:01 AM
>The rest of you get your butts to Iowa, and enjoy a cookout with (*gasp*!)
>FREE BEER

Jay, I'm tempted to fly all the way out there from PA just for the
free beer, but first, I want to know, what kind of beer are you
serving?

And is the a "designated pilot" there to fly me back?

vince norris

Jeff
July 27th 03, 07:10 AM
the last few days our weather has been nasty here in Lost Vegas, lighting, wind,
some rain here and there. friday afternoon they shut down the north las vegas
airport for a few hours because of high winds (excess of 45 mph what the news
said)..

Jay Honeck wrote:

> Well, folks, the weather forecast for tomorrow couldn't be better for a pool
> party -- temps pushing 90 degrees, and sunny!
>
> The prog charts from the west look a little dicey, but the precip should be
> that "high-summer-popcorn" variety -- easy to pick your way through, and not
> too bumpy up high. For those of you coming from CA, AZ, and all points
> west, please try to keep us informed of your ETA...
>
> The rest of you get your butts to Iowa, and enjoy a cookout with (*gasp*!)
> FREE BEER (soft drinks for Larry, if desired... :) and food for all who fly
> in!
>
> (And we've got the "lifter" up and running. It is already amazing and
> scaring all who see it fly... :)
>
> The identifier is IOW. If we were any closer to RWY 25, we'd bust their
> airspace. Be there!
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Bob Noel
July 27th 03, 01:04 PM
In article >,
wrote:

> >The rest of you get your butts to Iowa, and enjoy a cookout with
> >(*gasp*!)
> >FREE BEER
>
> Jay, I'm tempted to fly all the way out there from PA just for the
> free beer,

if only Jay would offer the $100 hamburger for free... :-)

--
Bob Noel

Greg Burkhart
July 27th 03, 04:25 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> Well, folks, the weather forecast for tomorrow couldn't be better for a
pool
> party -- temps pushing 90 degrees, and sunny!

Looking at the weather radar loop doesn't look good at the moment on I-80
across Iowa. Looks like I won't be flying down. :-(

If I can get organized, I may drive down this afternoon. Hope it clears up
later!

Jay Honeck
July 27th 03, 05:07 PM
> Looking at the weather radar loop doesn't look good at the moment on I-80
> across Iowa. Looks like I won't be flying down. :-(

Hey -- it's only liquid sunshine!

We've already got a couple of guys here from New Zealand, a couple of guys
from California (in two Ercoupes, no less!), and one from western Iowa who
arrived last night. This crud is going to blow on through, and then we'll
be on the backside of a nice, MUCH less humid airmass...

Right now it's VFR here, but there's one more line coming through. Should
be outta here by party time!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

vincent p. norris
July 29th 03, 01:14 AM
>> Jay, I'm tempted to fly all the way out there from PA just for the
>> free beer, but first, I want to know, what kind of beer are you
>> serving?
>
>The beer will be "Killian's Irish Red" -- in a barrel

I've tasted only the bottled version, but that's not a bad choice.

> made nowadays in Golden, CO. No doubt by the Coors family.

Yes, but also in other places by other breweries, IIRC.

>> And is there a "designated pilot" there to fly me back?
>
>Depends. What are you flying? :)

Warrior.

Hope you had a good party!

vince norris