PDA

View Full Version : Beer Served to Pilots in Iowa -- All Survive!

Jay Honeck
July 28th 03, 05:57 AM
Normally I wouldn't post about our own party, but since no one in attendance
will be able to post until after Oshkosh, I thought I might post a little
round up for those who couldn't make it:

a) Many beers were served. In fact, we had to buy more beer mid-way through
the evening. No injuries were reported.
b) Momentary shame was felt by all in attendance. It passed.
c) A toast to Larry was drunk. (Drank?)
d) Volleyball was played in the pool by scantily clad people.
e) Some of us danced.
f) Much food was consumed.
g) We ran out of chairs, and people were forced to eat on their laps. (I
hate that!)
h) Barnyard Bob and Jim Weir are even more crazy in person than they are on
line! :)

Despite iffy weather all day long that kept many pilots away (my phone rang
all day long with guys apologizing for being "stuck in Kansas City"), the
weather was PERFECT for a pool party and we are filled to capacity tonight
with folks who drove or flew in unexpectedly. We've got folks here from
California, Arizona, New Zealand (!), and all points in between!

In short, our First Annual Pre-Oshkosh Pool Party was a rousing success.
We're already planning for 2004!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA