PDA

View Full Version : Radio Shack 140W DC-to-AC Power Converter - Simple Plug-in

MKB
August 1st 03, 08:32 PM
140W DC-to-AC Power Converter

http://www.radioshack.com/searchsku.asp?find=22-148

Use your notebook PC, small TV, stereo, fan or other house-current device in
your car. Vehicle's power-adapter outlet receives inverter, which receives
device. Whether you're working in your car or going on a vacation, this
connverter will be enjoyable as well as useful!

No Spam
August 2nd 03, 03:09 AM
> 140W DC-to-AC Power Converter
>
> http://www.radioshack.com/searchsku.asp?find=22-148
>
> Use your notebook PC, small TV, stereo, fan or other house-current device in
> your car. Vehicle's power-adapter outlet receives inverter, which receives
> device. Whether you're working in your car or going on a vacation, this
> connverter will be enjoyable as well as useful!

I saw it, too, but be careful. This thing has a 20A fuse in it. Check the
amperage rating on the circuit you plan to use it in.

No Spam

Wayne
August 2nd 03, 04:46 AM
Be careful what you use with these cheap inverters. They don't produce a
true sine wave and can damage some devices. I'd recommend removing the
battery from the laptop while powering it via a cheap inverter to prevent
damage to the battery. They have come a long way lately but I still don't
trust them.

Wayne

"MKB" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> 140W DC-to-AC Power Converter
>
> http://www.radioshack.com/searchsku.asp?find=22-148
>
> Use your notebook PC, small TV, stereo, fan or other house-current device
in
> your car. Vehicle's power-adapter outlet receives inverter, which receives
> device. Whether you're working in your car or going on a vacation, this
> connverter will be enjoyable as well as useful!

JerryK
August 3rd 03, 12:47 AM
I use a DC-to-DC for my devices. It seems more efficent and you end up with
fewer power supplies.

"MKB" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> 140W DC-to-AC Power Converter
>
> http://www.radioshack.com/searchsku.asp?find=22-148
>
> Use your notebook PC, small TV, stereo, fan or other house-current device
in
> your car. Vehicle's power-adapter outlet receives inverter, which receives
> device. Whether you're working in your car or going on a vacation, this
> connverter will be enjoyable as well as useful!

Steve House
August 4th 03, 04:08 PM
Damaging the battery? I was under the impression that pulsating DC usually
works just fine for battery charging and having the battery in the system
would tend to smooth out the voltage passed on to the laptop powersupply -
is that not correct?

"Wayne" > wrote in message
> Be careful what you use with these cheap inverters. They don't produce
> true sine wave and can damage some devices. I'd recommend removing the
> battery from the laptop while powering it via a cheap inverter to prevent
> damage to the battery. They have come a long way lately but I still don't
> trust them.
>
> Wayne
>

> "MKB" > wrote in message
> thlink.net...
> > 140W DC-to-AC Power Converter
> >
> > http://www.radioshack.com/searchsku.asp?find=22-148
> >
> > Use your notebook PC, small TV, stereo, fan or other house-current
device
> in
> > your car. Vehicle's power-adapter outlet receives inverter, which
receives
> > device. Whether you're working in your car or going on a vacation, this
> > connverter will be enjoyable as well as useful!

Google