PDA

View Full Version : 182 panel

Jim
August 2nd 03, 03:05 PM
Does anybody know what would be the oldest Cessna 182 that one could
re-configure into a standard T "8-pack"? I've seen a '69 done this way, but
older models look like they have a curved panel with less room.
Thanks!
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

Alan Wolfson
August 2nd 03, 03:27 PM
Jim,

My 1962 182E has been reconfigured to have the standard T 6-pack. They are not
aligned horizontally because of the curved panel, but from the ASI to the Altimeter
the vertical difference is small, maybe an inch or so. Personally, I like the much
lower glareshield of the earlier models, since I'm short and like to be able to see
over the nose. The mid 70's 182s have glare shields that seem to be 3-4 inches
higher than mine.

You mentioned 8-pack. I assume you are referring to 2 CDIs. I have 2 CDIs and
an ADF to the right of the standard 6-pack. The CDIs are where you would
expect them, just of the left of the radio stack.

Alan

"Jim" > wrote in message ...
> Does anybody know what would be the oldest Cessna 182 that one could
> re-configure into a standard T "8-pack"? I've seen a '69 done this way, but
> older models look like they have a curved panel with less room.
> Thanks!
> --
> Jim Burns III
>
> Remove "nospam" to reply

Newps
August 2nd 03, 09:06 PM
They can all be made to the standard IFR panel. And it's a logbook
entry to boot.

Jim wrote:

> Does anybody know what would be the oldest Cessna 182 that one could
> re-configure into a standard T "8-pack"? I've seen a '69 done this way, but
> older models look like they have a curved panel with less room.
> Thanks!
> --
> Jim Burns III
>
> Remove "nospam" to reply