PDA

View Full Version : Airwolf oil filter system

kevin
August 3rd 03, 05:30 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the airwolf oil filter
system , and your thoughts on the oil filter as opposed to the screen.

JDupre5762
August 4th 03, 12:56 AM
>I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the airwolf oil filter
>system , and your thoughts on the oil filter as opposed to the screen.

I have worked on a few of them. It makes removing a filter much easier for
most installations. A filter is always better than a screen.

John Dupre'

Ross Richardson
August 4th 03, 05:51 PM
I used the El Reno adapter on my Lyc O-360 several years ago and
transfered to my factory OH engine. I have seen the Airwolf remote
filter and it is nice. Several fittings that could leak, but generally
they are reliable. I like the filter, because I think it will do a
better job and it is easier to change than cleaning the screen.

Ross

kevin wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the airwolf oil filter
> system , and your thoughts on the oil filter as opposed to the screen.

Jay Honeck
August 7th 03, 04:24 PM
> I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the airwolf oil filter
> system , and your thoughts on the oil filter as opposed to the screen.

We had this system installed on our O-540, and it is truly a Godsend.

The original oil filter installation was so tight that the firewall actually
had a dent in it from where the filter constantly vibrated against it.
Worse, it was mounted horizontally, making changing the filter an awful
mess.

Now, with it mounted vertically, on the firewall away from the engine, it's
just a minor mess -- and simple to do.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA