PDA

View Full Version : When Weather Diverts You. . .

Patty
August 4th 03, 01:55 AM
It's part of flying, and there's nothing you can do about it. . .
perhaps.

You're trying to get to your destination, or maybe you're trying to
get home. You look at the weather and no matter how you plot out your
time, direction of flight, and other options, you're staying put!

Blessing or curse?

I guess it depends what you'd like to make of it.

Flying home from OshKosh I met up with a couple stranded at the Mason
County Airport (LDM) in Ludington,Michigan. If I were to be stranded
anywhere, Ludington would be my dream! Beautiful sandy beaches on Lake
Michigan have made this town one of the busiest resort towns in
Michigan.

Again, blessing or curse?

This couple called over 40 hotels, motels and bed and breakfasts only
to find all of them sold out! Once again they reviewed their options.
Fly to Ann Arbor for a better position in the morning, sleep in the
plane, make use of the comfortable lounge furniture in the terminal
lobby?

The adventure continued. . .

A call from a local Bed and Breakfast revealed that there was one room
they hadn't discovered. They'd have to share a bathroom, and there was
no air conditioning, but there was a "bed" and a "breakfast!"

It turns out that this couple had also spent the night in Ludington on
the way over to OshKosh when weather prevented them from flying across
the lake.

Of course, I haven't heard the ending to this story yet, but If I
wrote my own ending it would go something like this:

"After checking into the Bed and Breakfast, we walked down to the
beach where we watched the boats and fishermen enjoy the evening as if
nothing else in the world mattered. We realized we were getting hungry
after the events of the day and found a cozy little seafood restaurant
with a stunning view of the lake.

Before it was too late, I made a phone call to work letting them know
I wouldn't be back on Monday or maybe even Tuesday! I was told to take
my time and advised not push it if weather was an issue. How good can
this get?

The room was just fine, and the breeze blowing through the open window
was far more comfortable than a noisy room air conditioner.

After some interesting conversation and a tasty breakfast, we headed
back home and didn't worry too much about weather.

If we had to stop again we'd have one more adventure to add to our
journal and maybe another day or two off work!

Link: http://www.airplanenoise.com/great_trips.htm

Newps
August 4th 03, 02:23 AM
Gee, thanks for all the spam.

Patty wrote:

A long winded bunch of BS.

Bob Noel
August 4th 03, 03:10 AM
In article <YziXa.58506$o%2.28702@sccrnsc02>, Newps
> wrote:

> Gee, thanks for all the spam.
>
> Patty wrote:
>
> A long winded bunch of BS.

maybe Patty should change "airplanenoise" to "usenetnoise"

--
Bob Noel

Jay Honeck
August 7th 03, 04:15 PM
> Gee, thanks for all the spam.
>
> Patty wrote:
>
> A long winded bunch of BS.

Why is this spam?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Roger Halstead
August 10th 03, 08:10 PM
On 3 Aug 2003 17:55:08 -0700, (Patty)
wrote:

>It's part of flying, and there's nothing you can do about it. . .
>perhaps.
>
>You're trying to get to your destination, or maybe you're trying to
>get home. You look at the weather and no matter how you plot out your
>time, direction of flight, and other options, you're staying put!
>
>Blessing or curse?
>
>I guess it depends what you'd like to make of it.
>
>Flying home from OshKosh I met up with a couple stranded at the Mason
>County Airport (LDM) in Ludington,Michigan. If I were to be stranded
>anywhere, Ludington would be my dream! Beautiful sandy beaches on Lake
>Michigan have made this town one of the busiest resort towns in
>Michigan.

They picked a time when there was a bike tour on...500 bicyclists
headed from Down around Muskegon (Spring Lake) all the way to
Mackinaw.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Google