PDA

View Full Version : Re: I **warned** you guys that if you didn't shape up...

john smith
August 7th 03, 01:45 AM
Jim Weir wrote:
> "ONE BUCK WEIR" TOSSES HAT INTO GOVERNOR'S RING

Great Race! "One Buck Weir" verses "The Terminator".

Jim Weir
August 7th 03, 01:53 AM
I gotta admit, I don't have much respect for somebody that calls the office
"guubernor".

Jim

john smith >

->Jim Weir wrote:
->> "ONE BUCK WEIR" TOSSES HAT INTO GOVERNOR'S RING
->
->Great Race! "One Buck Weir" verses "The Terminator".

http://www.rst-engr.com

Bob Fry
August 7th 03, 02:44 PM
Too late Jim, the Terminator has entered his name and I'm gonna vote
for him.

As for the usefulness or validity of the recall, Davis won reelection
by lies, damn lies, gross lies, about the California budget
situation. He is one useless S-O-B and couldn't make a decision about
organizing a garage sale. Get rid of the bum and get somebody else in
there!

Mark Hickey
August 7th 03, 04:39 PM
Jim Weir > wrote:

>I gotta admit, I don't have much respect for somebody that calls the office
>"guubernor".

So, you're anti-immigrant, eh? ;-)

Mark Hickey

john smith
August 7th 03, 06:09 PM
Jim Weir wrote:
> Donations of a buck a person gratefully accepted:

I listened to NPR this morning and heard that the filing fee was $3500.
Guess I better send one buck more than once to help out.

Montblack
August 7th 03, 07:53 PM
"We shocked the world!"
Jesse Ventura on election night - 1998

Good luck.
(I see you're a D. I'm an I)

--
Montblack

("Jim Weir" wrote)
<snip>
> The Mt. Palomar telescope can see a thousand million miles into space.
The Mt.
> Hale telescope can see a hundred million miles into space. You could put
the
> Mt. Hale telescope INSIDE the Mt. Palomar telescope and still not see my
chances
> of winning.
>
> OTOH, if I don't even run, the chances are still slimmer {;-)

Montblack
August 7th 03, 08:49 PM
("Dave Anderson" wrote)
> Jim, just how does one donate the $buck to your campaign? You should
setup
> a PayPal account or something similar.

From an earlier post:

("Jim Weir" wrote)
Donations of a buck a person gratefully accepted:

Jim Weir
GOLLY Campaign Committee
13993 Downwind Court
Grass Valley CA 95945

--
Montblack

Greg Burkhart
August 7th 03, 09:12 PM
"Jim Weir" > wrote in message
> I had a long talk with my Mom last year before she passed away. She said
that
> she was leaving me a few bucks, and that I should spend it on something
foolish
> that I would always remember.
>
> Jim

Sent my buck today. Since it's California instead of Chicago, most of us
can't vote for you.

Dave S
August 8th 03, 12:14 AM
I would vote for you before I would vote for Gary Coleman (Diff'rent
Strokes)..

But.. since Im from Texas I cant vote in this silly little affair..

HAve fun with it Jim..

Dave

Jim Weir wrote:

> I had a long talk with my Mom last year before she passed away. She said that
> she was leaving me a few bucks, and that I should spend it on something foolish
> that I would always remember.
>
> What I don't collect comes out of Mom's pot. Somehow I think she would approve.
>
> The Mt. Palomar telescope can see a thousand million miles into space. The Mt.
> Hale telescope can see a hundred million miles into space. You could put the
> Mt. Hale telescope INSIDE the Mt. Palomar telescope and still not see my chances
> of winning.
>
> OTOH, if I don't even run, the chances are still slimmer {;-)
>
> Jim
>

> john smith >
> shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:
>
> ->Jim Weir wrote:
> ->> Donations of a buck a person gratefully accepted:
> ->
> ->I listened to NPR this morning and heard that the filing fee was $3500.
> ->Guess I better send one buck more than once to help out.
>
> Jim Weir (A&P/IA, CFI, & other good alphabet soup)
> VP Eng RST Pres. Cyberchapter EAA Tech. Counselor
> http://www.rst-engr.com

Dave Anderson
August 8th 03, 01:16 AM
I don't do snail-mail or write checks anymore. I don't think I even
remember how to do it. Something about a licking a stamp, and keeping a
balance. :)

"Montblack" > wrote in message
.. .
> ("Dave Anderson" wrote)
> > Jim, just how does one donate the $buck to your campaign? You should
> setup
> > a PayPal account or something similar.
>
> From an earlier post:
>
> ("Jim Weir" wrote)
> Donations of a buck a person gratefully accepted:
>
> Jim Weir
> GOLLY Campaign Committee
> 13993 Downwind Court
> Grass Valley CA 95945
>
> --
> Montblack

Jim Weir
August 8th 03, 05:50 AM
One puts a dollar bill in an envelope and sends it along. As yet, the mails are
good for low $ values of cash.

Jim

"Dave Anderson" >

->Jim, just how does one donate the $buck to your campaign? You should setup
->a PayPal account or something similar.
->
->I'm not even from California, but I admire your spunk, and that you have
->resisted the "I'm a white male so I must be an angry conservative
->Republican" siren song.
->

http://www.rst-engr.com

pac plyer
August 8th 03, 07:57 AM
Jim, throw my buck in the ring. Now, I know the political favors you
owe are starting to stack up.....But promise me that if you win and
Mayor Daley's plane from Chicago shows up, you will temporarily close
any reliever airport near his jet (like he did Miegs Field) for
national security reasons. Then when he trys to land in the bay area
or LA sic the Air National Guard F-16's on his butt, and have them
escort his pathetic plane out of the state.

If he comes back, have your neighbor Chuck Yeager threaten to do
airshows over his skyscrapers. That's all. Thanks Jim ;-)

Break a Leg,

pacplyer

baltobernie
August 8th 03, 02:33 PM
Hmmm,

One Buck Jim vs. Two Buck Chuck. Lemme think about it over the weekend.

Bernie

Jim Weir > wrote in message
> One puts a dollar bill in an envelope and sends it along. As yet, the
mails are
> good for low $ values of cash.
>
> Jim

Montblack
August 8th 03, 04:57 PM
("Jim Weir" wrote)
> One puts a dollar bill in an envelope and sends it along. As yet, the
mails are
> good for low $ values of cash.

This is a good way to get your campaign *started*. But to get it really
*rolling* you're going to have to host a $5,000 (per plate) pancake
breakfast fly-in*.

*...pilots flying in eat free.

Might I also recommend:

State of The Union (1948)
Frank Capra - Director

Plot Outline: An industrialist is urged to run for President, but this
requires uncomfortable compromises on both political and marital levels.

Katharine Hepburn
Spencer Tracy
Van Johnson
Angela Lansbury

--
Montblack
"I like to watch"

Jim Weir
September 28th 03, 02:50 AM
An airplane does come in handy when campaigning in a state 600 miles long and
200 miles wide.

www.candidatecamera.com (one day only, Saturday 27 Sep 03).

Jim
http://www.rst-engr.com

Roger Halstead
September 28th 03, 04:39 AM
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:50:33 -0700, Jim Weir > wrote:

>An airplane does come in handy when campaigning in a state 600 miles long and
>200 miles wide.
>
>www.candidatecamera.com (one day only, Saturday 27 Sep 03).

Hand in there Jim.

BTW, did you make it on Leno's show?

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

>Jim
>Jim Weir (A&P/IA, CFI, & other good alphabet soup)
>VP Eng RST Pres. Cyberchapter EAA Tech. Counselor
>http://www.rst-engr.com

Montblack
September 28th 03, 05:22 AM
("Jim Weir" wrote)
> An airplane does come in handy when campaigning in a state 600 miles long
and
> 200 miles wide.
>
> www.candidatecamera.com (one day only, Saturday 27 Sep 03).

A helicopter worked nicely for LBJ in his 1948 Senate race. (Photos)

http://www.lbjlib.utexas.edu/johnson/archives.hom/oralhistory.hom/Chudars-J/chudars.asp

same link here as above: http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2F335806

also: http://www.picturehistory.com/find/p/14641/mcms.html

A person can get *your* Sept 27th photo, from the archive (arrow) list
thingy on the site, if they go there after Saturday.

www.candidatecamera.com
(look for Sept 27th)

Nice photo of the State Capitol building
...but enough about you. Take a look at Sept 24th!!

Good luck with the race.

--
Montblack

Eric Miller
September 28th 03, 05:50 AM
"Jim Weir" > wrote

> www.candidatecamera.com (one day only, Saturday 27 Sep 03).

From what I can gather, California required applications expliciting
requesting NOT to be a candidate... and you must've missed the deadline =D

Eric

Eric Miller
September 28th 03, 06:03 AM
"Jim Weir" > wrote

> An airplane does come in handy when campaigning in a state 600 miles long
and
> 200 miles wide.
>
> www.candidatecamera.com (one day only, Saturday 27 Sep 03).

And while you're there, check out the complete Jim Weir gallery:
http://www.candidatecamera.com/candidate/candidate.php?candidateNum=131

'Grats for having 2 photos picked so far for pic-o-the-day.
(And 'grats in advance for winning the election!)

Eric

Eric Miller
September 28th 03, 06:07 AM
"Montblack" > wrote
> ..but enough about you. Take a look at Sept 24th!!

I'd vote for the plastic monkey before voting for the plastic girl. =D

Eric

Jim Weir
September 28th 03, 06:10 PM
Yep. In any public appearance, my campaign "suit" is the same...red and white
baseball jersey ("WEIR" and "3" on the back in blue letters), blue jeans, red
and white baseball socks, and a red baseball cap. Red stands out just
wonderfully in a sea of blue suits and white shirts. In the "Leno" AP Wirephoto
shot, I'm in the upper right hand corner in that attire.

{;-)

Jim

Roger Halstead >

->