PDA

View Full Version : Re: NARCO Com 120 question

Jay Honeck
August 7th 03, 08:20 PM
> By the way, did you put an entry in your airframe log? Even if it wasn't
> an FAA issue, it would probably be helpful to have the model and serial
> number recorded just in case it ever gets stolen.

Yep!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Joe Young
August 8th 03, 01:41 AM
Jay

It seems the Com120s I have noticed on eBay will bring $250 to $400
depending on condition...

How do you like the Narco 810R? I have an MX11 as my Com #2, and have
considered swaping it for the 810R. It apears the trade would cost me about
$1050 to $1200 assuming the MX11 would net back $450 to $600. My avionics
shop is quoting me $1050 installed for a KY97a, with leaves a $500 to $600
dollar difference, again depending on the value of the MX11..... The King
looks better everytime I speak to someone at NARCO (called again last week
with a problem with my NAV122)...

I know you had to have weighed various options as well. What made you
decide in favor of the 810R?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Jay Honeck
August 8th 03, 05:26 AM
> I know you had to have weighed various options as well. What made you
> decide in favor of the 810R?

I was strongly in favor of the buying the Garmin 250 or 300 XL -- the
GPS/Com -- to replace my venerable Narco 120. I was, in fact, checking
them out in Oshkosh, with the intent to purchase one.

However, when I ran across "God's Own 'handheld' color GPS" -- the C-Map
"AvMap" -- and purchased it, I realized that I really didn't need yet
*another* GPS on board. (After the first two, what's the point? :)

So, Mary and summed up our needs, and it all came down to wanting the
digital flip-flop and memory pre-sets. The 810 +R fit that need, to a
"T" -- and didn't require anything more than an allen wrench to accomplish.

So far it's been great! Ask me again in year or two.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Google