PDA

View Full Version : External GPS Antenna

Jim Weir
November 29th 03, 04:12 AM
Sorry...repost of six months ago...

->Caution...blatant commercial hucksterism follows:
->
->We've found a source for ACTIVE GPS antennas that are WATERPROOF, GASKETED,
and
->mount in a single 7/8" (22mm) hole. They come with 16.4 feet (actually, 5
->meters) of tiny little RG-174 cable and your choice of BNC, TNC, or SMA crimp
->connectors. Color of the antenna is white and about 3" in diameter.
->
->Two models, same EXACT physical specifications:
->
->8715 -- 25 dB gain, moderately good filter, and 12 mA of current draw. $
67.50
->
->8776 -- 26 dB gain in two stages with an excellent interstage filter to cut
out
->some of that VOR receiver interference we've heard about. Same 12 mA of
current
->draw. $ 87.50
->
->Plus $ 7 for USPO shipping to the USA.
->
->Included is the famous RST installation and service manual, and a one-year
->factory warranty. The installation and service manual will also detail how to
->build a GPS ground plane for a plastic/wood aircraft.

http://www.rst-engr.com

Google