PDA

View Full Version : slickstart on m20e

Dico Reyers
December 26th 03, 09:01 PM
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with the SlickStart product? We have a
Mooney m20e and it is a pig to start once the engine is warm. Perhaps
its the lack of experience starting it, but I hear that installing a
Slickstart will give the engine a boost, no matter if the plugs are
wet or not.

Any experiences?

Thanks

-Dico

Ken Reed
December 26th 03, 10:58 PM
> Has anyone had any experience with the SlickStart product? We have a
> Mooney m20e and it is a pig to start once the engine is warm. Perhaps
> its the lack of experience starting it, but I hear that installing a
> Slickstart will give the engine a boost, no matter if the plugs are
> wet or not.

Have you seen:
<http://www.mooneypilots.com/Hot%20Start%20Article/HOT%20STARTS.htm>

---
Ken Reed
http://www.dentalzzz.com

smf
December 28th 03, 08:53 PM
I had the same problems with my Glasair. When I changed the starter I went
with a Skytec.

Steve

"Dico Reyers" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had any experience with the SlickStart product? We have a
> Mooney m20e and it is a pig to start once the engine is warm. Perhaps
> its the lack of experience starting it, but I hear that installing a
> Slickstart will give the engine a boost, no matter if the plugs are
> wet or not.
>
> Any experiences?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Dico

Dennis O'Connor
December 29th 03, 10:02 PM
SlickStart works like gangbusters... The make of airplane is not relevant...

"Dico Reyers" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had any experience with the SlickStart product? We have a
> Mooney m20e and it is a pig to start once the engine is warm. Perhaps
> its the lack of experience starting it, but I hear that installing a
> Slickstart will give the engine a boost, no matter if the plugs are
> wet or not.
>
> Any experiences?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Dico