PDA

View Full Version : recommend a good aircraft painter/shop on the NE or East coast

Baron Man
January 14th 04, 11:45 PM

Ron Natalie
January 15th 04, 12:01 AM
"Baron Man" > wrote in message .. .

There's a place in Smoketown, PA called Aero Refinishers or something like
that. I've seen there work, it's nice.

Ray Bengen
January 15th 04, 12:22 AM
A shop at Brookhaven is considered one of the best in the area.

"Baron Man" > wrote in message
.. .

plumb bob
January 15th 04, 12:27 AM
"Ray Bengen" > wrote in message
> A shop at Brookhaven is considered one of the best in the area.

Brookhaven what? What shop? Who says so?

Viperdoc
January 15th 04, 12:47 AM
I had my Baron painted by Dial Eastern, which is in eastern Ohio. They did
an immaculate job in the prep and paint work, including wheel wells, gear
legs, and replacement of all hardware with stainless.

They were the top rated shop in Aviation Consumer, and their reputation is
well deserved.

rip
January 15th 04, 01:18 AM
Dial Eastern is reputed as excellent, as is KD Aviation/Reese, in New
York and New Jersey. I'm taking my plane to them this year.
Rip

Viperdoc wrote:

> I had my Baron painted by Dial Eastern, which is in eastern Ohio. They did
> an immaculate job in the prep and paint work, including wheel wells, gear
> legs, and replacement of all hardware with stainless.
>
> They were the top rated shop in Aviation Consumer, and their reputation is
> well deserved.

News Groups
January 15th 04, 02:14 AM
I had my airplane completely stripped and painted @ smooth landings at
Northumberland N79. Brian is a good guy and will not fleece you but will
give more for your money's worth. Also will take care of you afterwards if
you have a problem. He will charge less than anybody else around there. Fly
down an see him.
M. Ravee
"Baron Man" > wrote in message
.. .

Grumman Flyer
January 15th 04, 02:37 AM
Check out Jim Russell of Russell Aircraft Refinishers, Chorman, DE
(D74), (302) 349-5920. He painted my aircraft last year and did a great
job for a resonable price. Email for pictures

Baron Man wrote:

Marco Leon
January 15th 04, 05:24 PM
Brookhaven NY (KHWV). The place is called "Ed's Aircraft Refinishing." I was
just there inquiring about a paint job and got a tour of the facilities. He
used to have a 1-year backlog but has since opened another hangar so now
it's maybe 3-6 months but verify with Ed.

He pointed out the differences between a mediocre paint job and a
high-quality paint job and all of the differences were logical and
reasonable. A friend of mine who had a newly-painted Cherokee 6 introduced
us and he kindly pointed out the reasons why his paint job was $3500 less
than what he would have charged. My Cherokee 6 friend still paid a good
price for what he got as confirmed by Ed but if quality is what you're
looking for, you will be paying more. You should at least include Ed's in
your list of inquiries. He had a Baron 58 in the shop 2 weeks ago so it may
still be there which should give you a good reference point for you Baron.

631/281-8236 is his number. Good luck.

Marco
N36616

"plumb bob" > wrote in message

> "Ray Bengen" > wrote in message
> > A shop at Brookhaven is considered one of the best in the area.
>
> Brookhaven what? What shop? Who says so?

http://www.usenet.com

Google