PDA

View Full Version : Me Too! Me Too!

Carl Orton
March 3rd 04, 11:30 PM
Well, I didn't want to infringe upon Dave Buckles' time in the spotlight,
but I got my first plane on Monday the 1st.

It's a '67 Skyhawk, 1570 hrs TTAF, 200 SMOH, with new (well, 2 yrs) Garmin
VFR stack. Pristine. Glossy original paint, and excellent original interior.
Ancillaries have been reworked in the past few years as well.

Bummer is that aside from the test flight, weather here around DFW has been
mostly IFR so far. So I taxi'd it from one side of the airport to the other
side to my hangar, and there it's sat. :-(

2nd bummer is that in all of my excitement, I *still* don't have any
pictures of it! I keep forgetting the camera...

Oh well;
Carl

PaulaJay1
March 3rd 04, 11:39 PM
In article >, "Carl Orton"
> writes:

>Well, I didn't want to infringe upon Dave Buckles' time in the spotlight,
>but I got my first plane on Monday the 1st.

Second happiest day of you life!!

Congrats and many happy flights.

Chuck

Rosspilot
March 3rd 04, 11:56 PM
> I got my first plane on Monday the 1st.
>
>It's a '67 Skyhawk

That's my baby, too :-)

Congratulations--happy flying!

www.Rosspilot.com

Dave Buckles
March 4th 04, 12:43 AM
Carl Orton wrote:
> Well, I didn't want to infringe upon Dave Buckles' time in the spotlight,
> but I got my first plane on Monday the 1st.

By all means, infringe! Good news is best shared!

> Bummer is that aside from the test flight, weather here around DFW
has been
> mostly IFR so far. So I taxi'd it from one side of the airport to the other
> side to my hangar, and there it's sat. :-(

You don't have to tell me; I'm just up the way, on the correct side of
the Red River, in Norman.

> 2nd bummer is that in all of my excitement, I *still* don't have any
> pictures of it! I keep forgetting the camera...

Took me a couple of weeks to get mine, and another week to get the
aerials. Well worth the wait, though. (BTW, those who procrastinated
in looking at the pictures get to see them in a decent gallery, which I
wrote today at lunch, instead of just the meaningless list of filenames.)

Seeing as how you're local (for an airplane owner, anyway), we'll have
to do lunch sometime. Congrats on the new airplane!

--Dave

--
Dave Buckles

http://www.flight-instruction.com

Jay Honeck
March 4th 04, 02:45 AM
Well, Carl -- when you finally remember the camera, be sure to send me some
pix of your new bird for the "Rogue's Gallery" of rec.aviation aircraft and
their owners.

See it at http://alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm .

Send me your pix at .

Blue skies, and congrats!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Marco Rispoli
March 4th 04, 03:04 PM
how much did you pay for it (if you don't mind me askin)?

--
Marco Rispoli - NJ, USA
I SOLOed!! You can read my flight training diary at
"Carl Orton" > wrote in message
> Well, I didn't want to infringe upon Dave Buckles' time in the spotlight,
> but I got my first plane on Monday the 1st.
>
> It's a '67 Skyhawk, 1570 hrs TTAF, 200 SMOH, with new (well, 2 yrs) Garmin
> VFR stack. Pristine. Glossy original paint, and excellent original
interior.
> Ancillaries have been reworked in the past few years as well.
>
> Bummer is that aside from the test flight, weather here around DFW has
been
> mostly IFR so far. So I taxi'd it from one side of the airport to the
other
> side to my hangar, and there it's sat. :-(
>
> 2nd bummer is that in all of my excitement, I *still* don't have any
> pictures of it! I keep forgetting the camera...
>
> Oh well;
> Carl

Jack Allison
March 4th 04, 04:34 PM
Very nice Carl. Same bird I fly. Wish I could say I owned it...one of
these days I'll join the rank of owner.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

bryan chaisone
March 5th 04, 01:28 AM
"Carl Orton" > wrote in message >...
> Well, I didn't want to infringe upon Dave Buckles' time in the spotlight,
> but I got my first plane on Monday the 1st.
>
> It's a '67 Skyhawk, 1570 hrs TTAF, 200 SMOH, with new (well, 2 yrs) Garmin
> VFR stack. Pristine. Glossy original paint, and excellent original interior.
> Ancillaries have been reworked in the past few years as well.
>
> Bummer is that aside from the test flight, weather here around DFW has been
> mostly IFR so far. So I taxi'd it from one side of the airport to the other
> side to my hangar, and there it's sat. :-(
>
> 2nd bummer is that in all of my excitement, I *still* don't have any
> pictures of it! I keep forgetting the camera...
>
> Oh well;
> Carl

Congrats Carl! I'm still renting, can't justify owning yet. Someday soon...
:<(.

Happy for you though! :<)

Bryan

bryan chaisone
March 5th 04, 01:30 AM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message news:<aLw1c.33386$ko6.319824@attbi_s02>...
> Well, Carl -- when you finally remember the camera, be sure to send me some
> pix of your new bird for the "Rogue's Gallery" of rec.aviation aircraft and
> their owners.
>
> See it at http://alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm .
>
> Send me your pix at .
>
> Blue skies, and congrats!

Hey Jay! I thought your Gallery was for Pilots or Owners, not Pilot
AND owners, so I submitted my pictures. Oh well, some day soon I'll
own one. Still renting... Boo hoo hoo... :<(

Bryan

John Galban
March 5th 04, 01:32 AM
"Carl Orton" > wrote in message >...
<snip>
> Bummer is that aside from the test flight, weather here around DFW has been
> mostly IFR so far. So I taxi'd it from one side of the airport to the other
> side to my hangar, and there it's sat. :-(

No biggie. When I got my 1st plane, I had similar weather issues
after the test flight. That didn't stop me from going to the airport
to shine the windows, air up the tires, open the cowl and become
acquainted with the innards and mention to every passing stranger,
"Yep, it's mine!". It was almost as much fun as flying.

Congrats,

John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)

Carl Orton
March 5th 04, 02:11 AM
I know what you mean. I've owned it all of 4 days, and I've been out there
TWICE since I parked it. And I'm 17 miles away from it!

I justified today, because we had some severe weather (some locations up to
70MPH) blow thru DFW, and I wanted to make sure my knot-tying skills did OK
(they did!). My "hangar" is really just a T-hangar w/o doors, so I was
concerned that things didn't drift around in the chaos.

As part of the pre-buy, the A&P had me pull the cowl and plugs and assist
with the compression test. That was a confidence builder. Since I was a
mechanic in a past life, I intend to do some of my own stuff, but it's still
nice to have a knowledgeable hand there for the first time at anything...

Only 1 more day til the weekend; weather's supposed to be great!

Carl

"John Galban" > wrote in message
om...
> "Carl Orton" > wrote in message
> <snip>
> > Bummer is that aside from the test flight, weather here around DFW has
been
> > mostly IFR so far. So I taxi'd it from one side of the airport to the
other
> > side to my hangar, and there it's sat. :-(
> >

> No biggie. When I got my 1st plane, I had similar weather issues
> after the test flight. That didn't stop me from going to the airport
> to shine the windows, air up the tires, open the cowl and become
> acquainted with the innards and mention to every passing stranger,
> "Yep, it's mine!". It was almost as much fun as flying.
>
> Congrats,
>
> John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)

Jay Honeck
March 5th 04, 03:22 AM
> Hey Jay! I thought your Gallery was for Pilots or Owners, not Pilot
> AND owners, so I submitted my pictures. Oh well, some day soon I'll
> own one. Still renting... Boo hoo hoo... :<(

Sorry -- it's for everyone! Show us what you fly -- that's what it's all
about!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jay Honeck
March 5th 04, 03:25 AM
> I know what you mean. I've owned it all of 4 days, and I've been out there
> TWICE since I parked it. And I'm 17 miles away from it!

Ah, fond memories. When I first brought our Warrior "home" to our new
hangar, I would go there virtually every day, just to polish this, or clean
that.

Aw, shoot, I'm on my second plane, and I STILL do that! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Dennis O'Connor
March 5th 04, 12:54 PM
Obviously a case of arrested development... Perhaps some AGH (aircraft
growth hormone) would ease you past this stage...
Speaking of which, this is March which means the all-weekend-long, airplane
wash-n-wax enduro, is coming up soon... Lessee, who do I know that is
gullible, err,,, I mean deprived of opportunity, that I haven't given the
chance to participate yet?
denny

"Jay Honeck" > wrote > Aw, shoot, I'm on my second
plane, and I STILL do that! :-)

Google