PDA

View Full Version : Tool query...

Tina Marie
July 13th 04, 08:37 PM
While helping out with a pre-buy last spring, I saw a tool I have to have.
It was a hollow steel tube, with a t-handle and air hose fitting on top, and
a spark-plug-thread on the bottom. You screwed it in to the cylinder using
the t-handle, and hooked the compression tester to the air fitting on the
top.

The guy who's tool it was said he'd seen them for sale before, but the
one he had was custom-made.

Anybody ever seen one? I can make it if I have to, but I'd rather buy one.

Thanks!

Tina Marie
--
http://www.tripacerdriver.com "...One of the main causes
of the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way

Rip
July 13th 04, 09:24 PM
The guy who makes them sells them on E-bay. Do a search on "compression
tester".

Tina Marie wrote:
> While helping out with a pre-buy last spring, I saw a tool I have to have.
> It was a hollow steel tube, with a t-handle and air hose fitting on top, and
> a spark-plug-thread on the bottom. You screwed it in to the cylinder using
> the t-handle, and hooked the compression tester to the air fitting on the
> top.
>
> The guy who's tool it was said he'd seen them for sale before, but the
> one he had was custom-made.
>
> Anybody ever seen one? I can make it if I have to, but I'd rather buy one.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tina Marie

Don Hammer
July 15th 04, 05:20 AM
Standard differential compression tester part available from any
aircraft tool supply. Try Aircraft Spruce.

I never liked the ones that came with the commercial testers because
they were short and had to be put in with a socket. I knocked the
center out of an old plug and welded it, a coupler, and T-handle on to
a section of 1/2" pipe. Put an O ring on the plug and you can put it
in by hand. Saves a bunch of time when doing the compression test.

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:24:51 GMT, Rip
> wrote:

>The guy who makes them sells them on E-bay. Do a search on "compression
>tester".
>
>Tina Marie wrote:
>> While helping out with a pre-buy last spring, I saw a tool I have to have.
>> It was a hollow steel tube, with a t-handle and air hose fitting on top, and
>> a spark-plug-thread on the bottom. You screwed it in to the cylinder using
>> the t-handle, and hooked the compression tester to the air fitting on the
>> top.
>>
>> The guy who's tool it was said he'd seen them for sale before, but the
>> one he had was custom-made.
>>
>> Anybody ever seen one? I can make it if I have to, but I'd rather buy one.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Tina Marie

Google