PDA

View Full Version : Re: If Airlines Sold Paint

G.R. Patterson III
August 11th 04, 06:14 AM
Martin Hotze wrote:

> I'd say that there must be a price at which it is cheaper to let the passenger
> stay behind than carrying him along. (weight <--> fuel, eating, drinking,
> cleaning costs).

On a typical domestic U.S. flight, it's negligible. There's almost no additional fuel
cost to carrying the extra 200 pounds or so, the food is a bag of peanuts and half a
coke (total cost about $1), and the cleaning staff have to spend a few hours on that
plane whether you fly or not.

George Patterson
In Idaho, tossing a rattlesnake into a crowded room is felony assault.
In Tennessee, it's evangelism.

CB
August 11th 04, 01:26 PM
"G.R. Patterson III" > wrote in message

> Martin Hotze wrote:
> >
> > I'd say that there must be a price at which it is cheaper to let the
passenger
> > stay behind than carrying him along. (weight <--> fuel, eating,
drinking,
> > cleaning costs).
>
> On a typical domestic U.S. flight, it's negligible. There's almost no
additional fuel
> cost to carrying the extra 200 pounds or so, the food is a bag of peanuts
and half a
> coke (total cost about $1), and the cleaning staff have to spend a few
hours on that
> plane whether you fly or not.

There is nothing worse on a flight than finding out someone paid half or
less for the same trip. I suppose airlines have to take into account the
damage done by going for the last $ than keeping those smucks who have paid
through the nose happy. Afterall, if they fly the income is probably worth
more than 5 cheapies.

WARREN1157
August 11th 04, 01:27 PM
>I'd say that there must be a price at which it is cheaper to let the
>passenger
>stay behind than carrying him

They probably save a lot of money by leaving a passenger behind if they crash.

Google